Maryland March 25, 2017
by Jamie Alvarenga 15 Reasons Why Maryland Is The BEST State
In honor of Maryland Day, we’re keeping things simple with this list of undeniable reasons why Maryland is the BEST state. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the pride that comes with living in the Old Line State.
1. Maryland seafood is the best. Period.
Steamed crabs, crab cakes, oysters... the Chesapeake Bay provides epic seafood that can't be matched.
2. The sports teams aren't too shabby.
Marylanders have earned their bragging rights.
3. Marylanders know how to have a good time.
Hundreds of annual festivals prove that fun is abundant in the Old Line State.
4. There's an abundance of beaches...
Maryland is known for Ocean City, but there are also several little known beaches worth exploring.
5. And rolling mountains.
The western part of the state is perfectly scenic.
6. Marylnd ranks high when it comes to education.
Consistently ranked in the top 10 most educated states.
7. The state is within driving distance to major cities and attractions.
Washington DC, New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Atlantic City...
8. There are some pretty impressive natural wonders...
There's nothing like a Maryland waterfall.
9. And the rural areas are postcard-worthy.
Maryland proudly retains its agricultural roots.
10. If it's city life you seek, look no further.
The state is known for Baltimore, but there are several other worthwhile cities as well.
11. And for a bit of quiet, the charming small towns are perfect.
Life is simple and sweet in these delightful spots.
12. The man-made marvels are, well... marvelous.
Although the Chesapeake Bay Bridge may be scary to some, there's no denying its magnificence.
13. Marylanders embrace being different...
Unique is an understatement.
14. And they embrace local history.
History is abundant in the Old Line State.
15. No other state flag comes close.
And you won't find a state with nearly as much pride.
The list could go on and on. 🙂
For another fun Maryland list, check out
15 things that will instantly cheer up any Marylander.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.