Baltimore December 23, 2017
10 Surefire Ways To Always Spot A Tourist In Baltimore
While we’re happy to have tourists in Charm City, it’s pretty easy to spot them as well. These 10 things are dead giveaways. Take a look at this oh-so true list and see if you agree!
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. They're walking around the harbor...
And ONLY at the harbor.
2. And waiting in an insanely long line at the National Aquarium.
It's not that locals don't come here too, but we know the least crowded times and likely have a membership.
3. They're eating at chain restaurants...
Not only are these spots unoriginal, but they also cost an arm and a leg.
4. And buying a ton of souvenirs.
Mugs, pens, key chains, you name it.
5. In fact, they may already be wearing a souvenir shirt.
Likely because they didn't pack for the weather...
6. They may look a bit nervous.
Charm City has a reputation and tourists may not seem the most relaxed.
7. Or look incredibly lost.
Okay I admit, I still get lost sometimes, too.
8. They stop every minute to take a photo.
While Baltimore is full of amazing photographers, it's pretty easy to spot the tourists. They're stopping in the middle of a crowd to snap the most random things.
9. They have no idea how to pick crabs.
These are the people smashing the shell to pieces with a mallet.
10. They're partying at Power Plant Live.
And they're either with a bachelorette party or really, really, drunk.
What would you add to the list? For another Baltimore article,