Baltimore July 21, 2017
by Jamie Alvarenga 13 Ways You Can Always Spot Someone From Baltimore No Matter Where They Are
Baltimore isn’t just a city. It’s life. Living in Charm City sure has a way of leaving its mark and these 13 traits can help you easily identify someone from Baltimore. Check it out and see how many are true for you.
1. They're probably wearing Under Armour...
Under Armour's headquarters are located in Baltimore and residents are pretty proud of that fact.
2. Or maybe Maryland flag apparel.
Jamie Alvarenga / Only In Your State
Although you can spot Marylanders wearing the flag all over the state, it's very common in the Baltimore area.
3. They most definitely own a Cal Ripken jersey.
If they're not wearing it, it's probably at home, framed.
4. But if it's Friday, they're decked out in purple.
Go Ravens, Go Ravens, Go!
5. They have a bit of an accent...
Is it water, warter, or wooder? In Baltimore, you hear it all.
6. And they may lovingly refer to you as Hon.
7. They're the ones yelling "O!" during the National Anthem.
Sometimes they'll even forget they're not in Baltimore, and things get awkward...
8. They're no strangers to traffic jams...
In fact, they may be the ones weaving between lanes.
9. And they're pretty darn good at parallel parking.
Unless you want to pay an arm and a leg in a parking garage, parallel parking is a good skill to have.
10. They have strong feelings against The Steelers.
Go ahead and wear a Steelers jersey in front of a Baltimorean. I dare you.
11. Their beer drinking skills are impressive.
And living near so many breweries, they know a thing or two about craft brews as well.
12. They always have one of these pens in their pocket or car.
What can I say? They're free, and the bright color makes em easy to find.
13. They know Baltimore has a reputation, but they love it anyway.
There's no place like home.
What are some other ways to spot someone from Baltimore? For another relatable list, check out
these reasons why Baltimore will always be home.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.