The Most Epic Indoor Playground In Baltimore Will Bring Out The Kid In Everyone
The weather can be all over the place in Baltimore, from steaming hot to cold and rainy — or snowy! Just because the weather’s not cooperating doesn’t mean the fun has to end. The following spot in Baltimore is located indoors but it’s just as fun – and even more so – than your average outdoor attraction. Check it out and prepare to be WOWed at this amazing indoor playground in Baltimore, Maryland.
What’s your favorite indoor playground or attraction in Baltimore, Maryland? There are lots of amazing attractions in Maryland, including quite a few things you can do indoors that are equally, if not more, fun! Here are 10 awesome indoor things to do in Maryland on a rainy day. From indoor museums to gyms and aquariums, you are sure to find something to keep you and the entire crew both dry and entertained in Baltimore, Maryland, and beyond!
Indoor Attractions in Baltimore
What are some other indoor attractions in Baltimore?
Baltimore, Maryland, is known as Charm City. Baltimore has lots of renowned tourist attractions, many of which are located indoors! No matter what the weather’s doing, you can always count on these indoor attractions in Baltimore:
- National Aquarium. The National Aquarium is an American icon that’s a quintessential part of the Baltimore waterfront. It’s located right on Baltimore Harbor, and its colorful facade is the first signal that this place is not your average aquarium. It’s home to 800+ species of unique and colorful creatures, from jellyfish and eels to dolphins and stingrays. There are non-aquatic areas (and animals) here too; the Amazon River Forest is a whole world unto itself complete with amphibians, reptiles, birds, and even a two-toed sloth.
- American Visionary Art Museum. This place welcomes the weird, and is one of the most unique attractions in Baltimore. Known for its quirky exhibits that push the boundaries, from kinetic sculptures to tiny robots to postmodern paintings, this is unlike any art museum you’ve been to, and a must-visit on a rainy day in Charm City.
- National Museum of Dentistry. This place is just as interesting as it sounds, with larger-than-life mouths uncannily hanging open everywhere you look. Just be warned: if you have a fear of dentists, the National Museum of Dentistry could either make you laugh out loud — or give you nightmares forever!
- Chamber of Wonders at the Walters Art Museum. Another delightfully weird gem, this Baltimore museum is a treasure trove of odds and ends — from medieval armor to taxidermy.
- On Target BattleZone. Maryland’s first Nerf arena, this family-friendly place offers several activities, but it’s mostly known for its Nerf battles. Choose your Nerf gun from the Armory, and then prepare to battle with your group! Enjoy this indoor space or choose to go outside, where you can also participate in dodgeball or water guns. How fun!