Baltimore February 05, 2018
10 Legitimate Signs That You Grew Up In Baltimore
Did you grow up in Charm City? If so, then you’ll likely relate to the following list. Here are XX things that most of us have experienced while growing up in Baltimore…
1. Nearly every field trip was to the Maryland Zoo...
We didn't mind though. Who doesn't love animals?
2. Or the Maryland Science Center.
This was always the coolest place to learn.
3. Summer wasn't complete with sno-balls.
Especially when topped with marshmallow.
4. You have the urge to sprinkle Old Bay on everything.
Seafood, fries, eggs, corn...
5. It is ingrained in your brain to yell "O!" during the National Anthem.
It feels incomplete without it.
6. You know it's not a Baltimore Thanksgiving without a side of sauerkraut.
Does your family carry on this local tradition?
7. You know what a coddie is.
A coddie (pictured on the right) is cod sandwiched between two saltines with a bit of mustard. It was popular decades ago but you can still find it at select eateries (like Faidley's).
8. There's no hiding your Bawlmer accent.
You probably don't even realize you have one until somebody points it out.
9. You think it's completely normal to put crab meat in every single dish.
Pasta, salads, on top of burgers, etc.
10. There's no other place you'd rather be than Charm City.
We've grown to love it and we're not leaving, no matter what others may think.
What would you add to the list? Let us know below!