Baltimore October 15, 2017
9 Food Faux-Pas No Baltimorean Should Ever Commit
New to the area? Then you’ll want to read the following list. Avoid embarrassment by never committing these 9 food faux-pas in Baltimore. You can thank us later.
1. Using any seasoning other than Old Bay
Old Bay tastes good on seafood, fries, corn, eggs and more, so why use anything else?
2. Ordering a questionable crab cake
There's nothing worse than ordering a bad crab cake. Learn who serves the best and stick with 'em.
3. Not knowing how to pick crabs
Many locals learn this essential life skill during childhood. It's a must!
4. Never having tried Bergers cookies...
I pity the fool who hasn't experienced the fudgy goodness of a Bergers cookie.
5. Or Natty Boh
It may not be the most delicious beer in the world, but it's basically a rite of passage to try a sip.
6. Spending a ton of money on chicken
With so many hole-in-the-wall shops that serve delicious chicken boxes, there's no need to spend an arm and a leg.
7. Going an entire summer without a sno-ball
The thought of this is just sad.
8. Thinking that soup is only good during winter
Maryland crab and cream of crab soup are delicious year-round. Period.
9. Only eating circular pizza
At Ledo's pizzeria, it's cool to be square.
What are other no-no’s when it comes to food in Baltimore? Feel free to share your thoughts below.