Baltimore October 26, 2017
20 Undeniable Things Every True Baltimorean Has Done At Least Once
If you’ve lived in Baltimore for a while, then you’ve learned that there are certain things that are a rite of passage for any Baltimorean. The following list reveals 20 things that nearly every local has done at least once. If there’s something here that you haven’t completed, consider it a fun priority. 🙂
1. Chow down on a Faidley's crab cake.
Even if you prefer crab cakes from another local eatery, everyone has tried Faidley's at least once.
2. Sit for hours at a crab feast.
And you always have old newspapers on hand... just in case.
3. Get weak in the knees over a Bergers cookie.
These fudgy cookies are sinfully good.
4. Participate in Purple Friday.
Whether at home, out and about, or at the workplace, Baltimoreans believe that wearing purple on Friday is good luck for upcoming games.
5. Go to a Ravens game.
Even if you're not that big of a football fan, Ravens spirit is infectious.
6. Visit the lights at 34th Street...
It really is a magical experience.
7. And the Washington Monument.
If you haven't been to the lighting ceremony here, you're in for a treat!
8. Go to an Orioles game...
The ultimate summer activity in Baltimore.
9. And shout "O!" during the national anthem.
"OOOooo! say does that star spangled..."
10. View Baltimore's skyline from Federal Hill Park.
The best view in the city.
11. Try a sip of
We've all tried it at least once, whether we liked it or not.
12. Watch the fireworks over the harbor.
The great thing about the annual fireworks is that you can view them from so many places. No need to deal with the crowds if you know where to go.
13. Spend a day at the National Aquarium.
Whether you came here as a child or return again and again as an adult, there's no denying that this attraction is fascinating.
14. Visit the exotic animals at the Maryland zoo.
The giraffes are my favorite.
15. Take in the scenery at Patterson Park.
The pagoda is as astounding in person as it is in photos.
16. Ride the water taxi.
The most scenic and fun way to get around the harbor.
16. Take a step back in time at Fort McHenry.
You may have went here on a field trip when you were young, or enjoy visiting today as an adult. There's no doubt that this gem is special.
18. Explore all things quirky in Hampden.
The list of weird and wonderful things to do in Hampden goes on and on.
19. Stroll along the cobblestone streets in Fells Point.
This charming neighborhood is full of character.
20. See a movie at The Senator Theatre.
This classic spot is perfect for date night.
How many of the above things have you done? What are other must-do activities in Charm City would you add to the list? Let us know below!