Baltimore January 24, 2018
10 Awkward Moments Every Baltimorean Has Endured At Least Once
If you grew up in Charm City or have lived here for a while, then you’ve likely encountered the following awkward moments. Check out this relatable list and see which ones have happened to you!
1. Being served a bad crab cake
Baltimoreans know good crab cakes and are easily offended when served one that's not up to par. If it has peppers, we'll pass.
2. Having someone take your shoveled out parking spot
It's called common courtesy, but it still happens every winter. Good luck out there!
3. Being asked if you've been mugged before
Charm City has a reputation and we wish people would focus on more than the negative aspects. There's much more to Baltimore than crime.
4. Experiencing more than one season in a day
It's not uncommon to leave the house in a hoodie and end up in a t-shirt a few hours later. Our weather is fickle, indeed.
5. Having someone point out your Baltimore accent
Some of us don't even realize we have an accent until someone points out the way we say
wooder and warsh. Embrace it, Baltimoreans!
6. Forgetting you're away from the city and accidentally shouting "O!" during the National Anthem
"O!" say does that Star Spangled..." We're so used to this fun habit, that we carry it to sporting events outside of the city.
7. Accidentally spraying someone with crab juices
Picking crabs is a summer must but it sure can get messy. It's best not to wear anything too fancy, just in case of flying juices and rogue spices.
8. Being asked if Baltimore is like
When outsiders think of Baltimore, most of them envision the hit TV show, The Wire. Even though this question may be annoying, there's no denying that many Charm City residents are big fans of the show.
9. Witnessing someone wearing a rival team jersey to a Ravens game
Never wear a Steelers Jersey to M&T Bank Stadium if you know what's good for ya. Just don't.
10. Getting rerouted by construction, which in turn, causes you to get lost
I always think I know the ins and outs of the city until certain streets are blocked. Thank goodness for GPS!
What are some other awkward moments in Baltimore? Feel free to share below!