The Unassuming Town Of Rangeley, Maine Is One Of America's Best Hidden Gems For A Weekend Getaway
No matter how long you’ve called a state home, there are probably still places you’ve never visited. This might be the result of distance, or it could be that you’re not aware it even exists. I have a long list of spots I still need to visit. Despite being in my own state, each one represents an adventure to come. You’ll find small towns in Maine peppering the landscape wherever you go. These little towns are so small that sometimes they get overlooked. One great example is Rangeley, Maine. You’ve likely heard people talking about the beauty of Rangeley, but we encourage you to explore it for yourself. This charming town may seem like it’s in the middle of nowhere, but you’ll be glad when you visit and see just how incredible it is.
Rangeley, Maine, is one of those hidden gems that you just have to see to believe. It might be hard to believe that there are still places in the world that are quiet and peaceful, undisturbed by chaos. But that’s exactly what you’ll find in this little town. I consider this not only one of the best small towns near me, but also one of the best small towns in Main. It’s certainly worthy of a weekend getaway. If this isn’t close to where you live, consider making it a road trip weekend getaway. Just be sure to pack all the right snacks!
While you’re in the area, consider checking out the nearby natural waterslide area, Smalls Falls. It features beautiful views, waterfalls, and tons of places to swim. This is a fantastic place to visit any time of year, but we love it in the summer for a refreshing dip.
More to Explore
What are the most charming small towns in Maine?
The most charming small towns in Maine can be found in all corners of the state. Some great ones to explore are:
- Kennebunkport, York County: One of the most quintessential Maine towns you'll find, there's plenty to do here throughout the year. Visit in the summer for great fun on the water and at the beaches, or check in at a local inn during the winter to enjoy the magic of Christmas Prelude.
- Stonington, Hancock County: This quiet fishing village is perfect for a few days of peace. Bring a good book or even your camera to capture the beauty while you stroll the waterfront.
- Appleton, Knox County: This small town has a population of just 1,400 people, but its proximity to Rockland and Camden means plenty to do when you're ready for more excitement.
Which hidden gems in Maine should I visit?
You should visit as many hidden gems in Maine as you possibly can. There are quite a few wonderful places to explore, no matter what part of the state you call home. Here are a few to check out first:
- Ecotat Gardens and Arboretum, Hermon: This hidden gem arboretum offers tours, hikes, and the opportunity to see some gorgeous flowers.
- Cascade Falls, Saco: Saco might be best known for summer fun at the beach and the local water parks, but check out this fun waterfall for a new way to enjoy nature. Located just a few minutes off Route 1, it's a great spot to explore.
- Holidae House, Bethel: This hidden bed and breakfast offers a great way to enjoy the inland part of the state in a gorgeous home.