Some People Don't Know That Maine Was The First To Do These 9 Things
Maine may be famous for its lobster, lighthouses, and blueberries, but did you know it’s also home to the U.S.’s first city? Or that Eastport is the first place in the U.S. to see the sun rise each morning? Here are 9 interesting Maine firsts that you may not have known about – but definitely should!
Did you know about any of these interesting Maine firsts? If so, which ones? Do you know of any other things Maine did first? We’d love to read your comments below!
For more Maine facts, check out this article about beautiful House Island.
If you’re still in the mood for more Maine adventures, take a look at this video about Acadia National Park:
More to Explore
More to love about Maine
Where can we find hiking trails in Maine?
- The Cascade Stream Gorge Trail in Sandy River Plantation is part of the 50-acre Cascade Stream Gorge Conservation Area.
- The Ocean Path Trail in Acadia National Park offers spectacular view of both the park’s forest and coastline areas.
- The Step Falls Trail in Newry takes you to the base of what are some of the highest waterfalls in Maine.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful hiking trails in Maine.
Where can we find small towns in Maine?
- Presque Isle is popular with Maine residents for many reasons, including its great snowmobiling in the winter.
- Jackman is the place to go if you enjoy spectacular mountains and beautiful lakes.
- Camden is a harbor town popular for its art galleries, shopping, dining, and more.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other charming small towns in Maine.
Where can we find beaches in Maine?
- Crescent Beach located at Crescent Beach State Park in Cape Elizabeth offers a beautiful beach and hiking trails.
- Old Orchard Beach in the town of the same name is one of the most popular beaches in Maine during the summer months.
- Ferry Beach located at Ferry Beach State Park in Saco features spectacular beauty and trails that lead right to the shore.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other spectacular beaches in Maine.