The Scenic Train Ride In Maine That Runs Year-Round
In the summer months, Maine sees a steady influx of visitors from all over the world. That’s because there’s so much beauty to take in when the sun is shining and the weather is warm. In the winter, temperatures drop and with fewer people visiting, quite a few attractions close for the season. But the ones that stay open are undoubtedly extra special, including this year-round scenic train ride in Maine. The scenic train ride in Maine allows visitors and locals to experience the best of the state, any time of year.
This fun and historic train system operates throughout the year, offering a different scenic train ride in Maine for each season. You can learn more about train rides and special events taking place this year by visiting the official Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad website. They can be reached at 207-315-9410.
After experiencing one of the best train rides in Maine, you’ll undoubtedly want to see the rest of the state. There are a lot of ways to do it, but one of my favorites is by taking a local day trip. And, some of the best day trips can be done by train. And, once you’ve explored the best of the state by train, consider some other unique ways to enjoy Vacationland by booking an activity through Viator.
More to Explore
Scenic Train Rides in Maine
What are the best road trips through Maine?
The best road trips through Maine can be taken from any starting point in the state. Each one offers incredible views and lots of fun stops. Here are a few favorites:
- The Maine Scenic Waterfall Loop: This beautiful journey offers views of eight different waterfalls over the course of almost 180 miles.
- The Maine Christmas Lights Road Trip: To make the holiday season even more festive, hop in the car to take in some of the most sparkly lights in New England.
- The Maine Countryside Hidden Gems: This rural road trip leads to some of the most incredible natural wonders in Maine.
- The Ultimate Whoopie Pie Road Trip: Anyone with a sweet tooth will want to take this trip to some of the best bakeries in the state. Each one has a great version of Maine's official state treat.
What are the best day trips through Maine?
The best day trips through Maine offer history, attractions, and great food. Here are some local favorites that anyone will enjoy:
- Trenton, Hancock County: This fun little day trip takes you to a small town near Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Enjoy a waterpark or a plane ride, all from this often overlooked area.
- Maine's Covered Bridges Day Trip: Hop in the car for a day trip filled with Maine's quaint covered bridges. There are six stops in total, all worth enjoying.
- Moose Watching in Maine: Head to Northeast Whitewater in Shirley Mills for one of the best ways to see the state's most iconic animal.