The Most Enchanting Christmastime Main Street In The Country Is Portland In Maine
If there’s a time of year to be in Maine, this is it! You could argue that summertime is the best. And, while we agree that it’s pretty great to enjoy the sunshine here, we’re partial to the cozy vibes and cheer that come with exploring the state during winter. There are lots of places to get into the holiday spirit. The small towns are some of the best. But, for a truly remarkable night out, you’ll want to head to the city of Portland. The lights are spectacular and while it’s no match for the charm that comes with a Maine small town at Christmastime, we think you’ll agree that the wow factor here is unrivaled! If you’ve ever wondered what Christmas in Portland, Maine is like, continue reading to catch a glimpse of the magic!
What are your favorite places to visit in Portland, Maine at Christmas? Share your holiday stories in the comments below and let us know if you agree that this is the best “main street” at Christmas in Maine. Want to experience it in person for yourself? Book this downtown Portland apartment with historic charm and make the trip!
Another beautiful way to enjoy winter in Maine is by taking this short, but magical sleigh ride. Book in advance and enjoy time with friends and loved ones gliding over the snow!
More to Explore
Christmas In Portland Maine & Related Info
Where should I go for Christmas in Maine?
- Freeport is another amazing Christmas town in Maine. You’ll feel like you stepped inside a Hallmark Christmas movie when you walk through these glistening streets. Watch a colorful parade, say hello to Santa, and sip wonderful hot chocolate. This is what holiday dreams are made of!
- For even more merriment, venture to Kennebunkport and explore the beautiful boutiques. This is a great place to do some Christmas shopping. You’ll find something for everyone on your list.
Learn more about Maine’s best winter towns.
Where are the best Christmas lights in Maine?
Some of the best Christmas lights in Maine include:
- Boothbay Harbor is another gorgeous winter town in Maine. Every year, visitors flock to this town to explore the Harbor Lights Festival. In addition to the breathtaking lights and displays, this event is full of festive fun. Bring the whole family and bask in the excitement! Santa and Mrs. Claus will also make an appearance, so be sure you’re on the nice list.
- The North Waterboro Pole Christmas Light Display
What are the best holiday events in Maine?
Portland is not the only Christmas town in Maine. For more fun holiday festivities:
- Journey to Boothbay and stare at the twinkling lights at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens. Every year, they host Gardens Aglow, a stunning holiday display that’s positively magical.
- While you’re in the area, venture to the Pythian Opera House for the Festival of Trees. Step inside the decorated interior and peruse the selection from local shops. You’ll come home with some incredible gifts and delicious baked goods.