Louisiana July 31, 2017
13 Undying Habits That Prove You Can Never Take Louisiana Out Of The Louisianian
No matter where you end up, Louisiana will always be a part of you. There’s so many special quirks about growing up in Louisiana you may forget about them until you move outside of the state where your habits may cock an eyebrow. Here are some of our favorites.
1. You handle extreme heat well.
Living in Louisiana will quickly make you adapt to the hot weather. But you’ll definitely be the first person to reach for a sweater if the temperature drops below 70.
2. You instinctively reach for the Zatarain's
Or Tony’s. Or Slap Ya Mamas. You just need that creole spice in your life!
3. You’ll always prefer Tabasco over the others.
Home state pride!
4. You don’t even flinch when weird or unusual situations occur.
There’s nothing you haven’t seen before.
5. Tailgating is in your blood.
Your years of LSU, Saints, ULL, Tulane, Southern, or Grambling (and many others) tailgating have made you a black belt at tailgating.
6. Tea will always be best served sweetened and over ice.
It’s just the way it is.
7. You have a hurricane preparation check list
Everyone has one, and even if you don’t live in a hurricane zone anymore, you’ll always have that mental check list of things to stock up on.
8. Bugs don’t phase you.
Louisiana has a lot of bugs, and if you lived here for any amount of time, one has most certainly invaded your home. You’re used to it.
9. "Love bug season" will make you cringe.
They’re ridiculously hard to get off of your car.
10. You have several phrases that would turn some strange looks if you said them outside of Louisiana.
Langiappe, Laisses les bon temps rouler, making groceries… It’s almost like we have our own language.
11. The Holy Trinity will always be the base for your cooking
And that smell will always make you nostalgic.
12. You know how to have a good time
Louisiana knows how to throw a party. With hundreds of festivals, football season, and Mardi Gras, we were basically raised to have a good time.
13. A sunset over the bayou is the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen.
Sure, other states have mountain or beach views, but you’re first love was always ‘da bayou.
Can you relate? Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below!