Wow. Writing these articles over the past year in Louisiana has made for some truly amazing discoveries. Here are all of the absolute best places to explore and enjoy in Louisiana this coming year.
1. Explore the Istre Cemetery Houses
These unique cemetery "houses" will capture your imagination and spark your curiosity about early settlers in this area. (Swift Rd, Morse, LA)
2. Check Out the Beauregard Parish Jail in De Ridder
This unique "gothic jail" is an incredible piece of architecture and a somewhat creepy place to explore! (412 Bolivar Bishop Dr., DeRidder)
3. Go on a Lost Lands Environmental Tour
Learn about the serious challenges facing the Louisiana bayous and swamps in the delta of the Mississippi River as you witness some of the most beautiful spots in Louisiana. (2411 Octavia St.)
4. Rent the State Park Cabins at Bayou Segnette State Park
The incredible state park cabins found here are brand new and ready for you and your loved ones! (7777 Westbank Expwy, Westwego)
5. Eat a Meal at Jacque-Imo’s Restaurant
You'll love the unique combinations of flavors and fun, funky vibe found in Jacque-Imo's. (8324 Oak St.)
6. Visit Sicily Island Wildlife Management Area
This gorgeous area is relatively unknown but just as beautiful as the falls in Tunica Hills! (Sicily Island, LA)
7. Take a Ride Around the Global Wildlife Center
This awesome center will help you discover new and mesmerizing wildlife from around the world. (26389 Louisiana 40, Folsom)
8. Explore Rip Van Winkle Gardens
These gardens were cultivated by the well known 19th century actor William Jefferson, who was known for playing Rip Van Winkle. (10106, Jefferson Island Rd., New Iberia)
9. Explore the Louisiana Castle
Perhaps the most enchanting place to get married in Louisiana, you'll be charmed by this castle. (47168 LA-10, Franklinton)
10. Rent a Houseboat from Houseboat Adventures on Cypress Cove
There's no better way to get up close and personal with the swamp than to rent one of these cabins. (1399 Henderson Levee Rd., Breaux Bridge)
11. Take a Hike in Kisatchie National Forest
This huge national forest takes up a large portion of the middle of Louisiana and is filled with opportunities to connect with nature.
12. Poverty Point UNESCO World Heritage Site
You'll be amazed at the history of the ancient culture that called this region of Louisiana home. (6859 LA-577, Pioneer)
13. Take a Bite Off the Largest Omelet in the Country
This delicious festival held in Abbeville each week is a lot of entertaining fun.
14. Attend the Rougarou Fest
Another unique and new fest on the Louisiana scene, this fest allows you to get up close and personal with the Rougarou schedule. (7910 Park Ave., Houma)
15. Do the Corn Maze at CM Farms LLC
Fall in love with the mystery of the corn maze by spending your day at this unique Louisiana attraction.
(252 CM Farms Rd., Dry Creek)
16. Explore the Music Box Village in New Orleans
A home that is also an instrument? At the music box, yes indeed. Not to mention a full schedule of incredible concerts! (4557 N Rampart St.)
How many of these places have you already visited this year? What are your favorites? Let us know in the comments below–we love to hear from you!