Louisiana February 20, 2017
13 Struggles Everyone In Louisiana Can Relate To
There’s a lot to be said for living in Louisiana. There’s nothing like it, but it does come with some struggles. You take the good, you take the bad, right? If you’ve lived here for a while, you should be able to relate to some of these struggles.
1. Hitting a pothole so big you're positive some of your car was left in that pothole, never to be seen again.
There's a fine line between pothole and sinkhole.
2. Completely underestimating how deep the pothole was because it looked like a puddle.
That one looks small, I'll just go slowly and... NOPE!
3. Having to use the AC and the Heater in the same day because the weather can’t decide what season we’re in.
Can I put my winter clothes away yet? Make up your mind, Mother Nature!
4. Driving somewhere and forgetting that there’s a parade and now you’re stuck in traffic.
Once you realize what you've done, it's too late.
5. Or worse, you can’t get to your destination without driving at least an hour out of your way.
*Slight* detour because you can't cross over the parade route.
6. Leaving the state and swearing you don’t have an accent.
And quickly throwing another Louisiana city under the bus in your defense. (ex. "I don’t have an accent! Have you heard people from [other Louisiana city]? Now THEY have an accent!")
7. Wincing at the site of crimson.
SEC rivalries run deep y'all.
8. If you’re from Northern Louisiana, constantly getting compared to New Orleans.
It’s like having everyone ask about your big brother’s achievements, even though you’ve done some cool stuff too!
9. Having to specifically plan your weekend because two (or more) festivals are the same weekend.
French Quarter Festival and Strawberry Festival are on the same weekend?! Argh!
10. Those festival plans getting ruined because it’s raining.
And really trying to convince yourself that it's not raining *that* bad.
11. The humidity
Summer time is the worst...
12. Touching the metal part of your seat belt in the middle of summer
So hot. So, so, hot.
13. Burning a Roux
You walk away from it for one second and all your hard work is wasted.
What other struggles can you think of? Let us know in the comments below.