Louisiana November 05, 2018
9 Foolproof Ways To Spot An Imposter In Louisiana
If you were raised in Louisiana, then you can find it pretty easy to find a transplant. Tons of people move to the Bayou State every year, and while we welcome them with open arms, it can be pretty easy to spot the tourists and the newcomers. Here are nine foolproof ways to spot an imposter in Louisiana.
1. They give directions in miles.
Don’t tell me to head south for five miles; I’ll have no clue where to do. But if you tell me to head towards the river/bayou for ten minutes, I know exactly where to go.
2. They wear Mardi Gras beads when it’s not Mardi Gras.
This is a tell-tale sign you’re a tourist.
3. They don’t check the weather.
Louisiana can be bright and sunny one moment and then a torrential downpour the next. Having an umbrella handy at all times is just something we’ve gotten used to.
4. They can’t pronounce some of our cities or street names.
Natchitoches, Opelousas, Lake Pontchartrain… the list goes on and on…
5. They call a po’boy a grinder or a sub.
No! There’s a difference. (Po’boys are better!)
6. They don’t remember where they were when the Saints won the Super Bowl.
Any Louisianian worth their salt can tell you where they were when this historic moment happened.
7. They cheer for Bama.
No. Just no. Geaux Tigers!
8. They’re not a big fan of seafood.
Louisiana might as well be called the Seafood State. We have access to some of the freshest seafood in the country, and more importantly, we have some of the most talented chefs to prepare it!
9. They’re shocked when the wildlife creeps into their day-to-day life.
Yeah, sometimes your nature walk gets cut short by a sunbathing gator. What, like that’s never happened to you?
How else can you tell when someone is not a true-blue Louisianan? Let us know in the comments below!