New Orleans August 13, 2018
10 Of The Most Frustrating Moments Every New Orleanian Has Dealt With At Least Once
Living in a big city can come with its challenges. From construction zones to potholes, there’s always something new that’ll frustrate just about everyone. Here are 10 of the most frustrating moments every New Orleanian has dealt with at least once.
1. Slamming into a pothole you didn’t see
And then audibly apologizing to your car.
2. Getting stuck in parade traffic
Best to just find a parking spot and grab dinner somewhere nearby, because you’re not going anywhere anytime soon.
3. Planning a crawfish boil the day after trash day
Get ready for the toxic smell of rotting seafood to fill the neighborhood.
4. When the Causeway is shut down
Or goes down to one lane either due to an accident or weather.
5. People thinking you live on Bourbon Street
When you’re traveling outside of Louisiana, there’s a misconception that all New Orleanians spend every waking moment on Bourbon Street. Bourbon Street to New Orleanians is like Times Square to New Yorkers. Sure, it’s great and all, but New Orleans is so much more than just Bourbon Street.
6. Wanting a snoball, but not having any cash
The struggle is real.
7. Construction on your commute.
So much for your short-cut!
8. Getting riddled with Katrina questions when you leave the state
Get ready to answer dozens of questions about presumably one of the most stressful times in your life.
9. When you didn’t get enough napkins for your po’boy
They say the messier, the better, but when you don’t have enough napkins, it’s a problem!
10. Getting stuck in an afternoon rain shower
Tis the season for summer showers! Seems like every day the sky opens up and the weather goes from beautiful and sunny to a torrential downpour and your umbrella is never nearby.