The 6 Best Backroads Around New Orleans For A Scenic Drive
Sometimes when you need to get away from it all, a nice New Orleans scenic drive is one of the best things you can do. Here are some of the best scenic drives near New Orleans. Let’s explore!
How many of these scenic drives near New Orleans have you explored? Do you have a favorite from this list? Let us know in the comments. We love to hear your ideas and feedback! If you’re looking for some great road trips elsewhere in the state, check out these gorgeous scenic drives in Louisiana.
More to Explore
Road Trip Attractions in Louisiana
What are the best attractions for nature lovers in Louisiana?
The best attractions for nature lovers in Louisiana include:
- The Creole Nature Trail. This trail consists of 180 miles of scenic roads where you can see a vast array of wildlife.
- Kisatchie National Forest. This 600,000-acre forest is perfect for camping and has trails for every level of hiking ability.
- Briarwood Nature Preserve. This was the home of botanist Caroline Dormon, who gave this land to the public upon her death.
- Bayou Vermillion Paddle Trail. Locals love to come here to kayak along this 10-mile water trail surrounded by lush trees.
Discover more about the best attractions for nature lovers in Louisiana.
What are the most charming small towns in Louisiana?
The most charming small towns in Louisiana include:
- Avery Island. The home of Tobasco sauce as well as the 160-acre Jungle Gardens and a bird refuge known as Bird City.
- Saint Martinville. This historic small town is a wonderful place to get some authentic Cajun culture and explore Bayou Teche.
- Breaux Bridge. This lovely town is known as the “Crawfish Capital of the World” and is the perfect place to scarf down a whole heap of them.
- Ponchatoula. This town is great for antiquing and you should come here in April for the Strawberry Festival.
Learn more about the most charming small towns in Louisiana.
What are the best day trip destinations in Louisiana?
The best day trip destinations in Louisiana include:
- Swamp Boat Tours. Taking a swamp boat tour will bring you face-to-face with Louisiana’s diverse wildlife.
- The Creole Nature Trail. This scenic byway runs for 180 miles and has stunning scenery and places with delicious Cajun food.
- Global Wildlife Center. Come see giraffes, zebras, alpacas, and more at this wonderful wildlife preserve.
- River Road Plantations. River Road is dotted with several old plantations where you can see a combination of beauty and a more chilling part of history,
Discover more about the best day trip destinations in Louisiana.