Louisiana August 06, 2018
10 Inevitable Ways Louisiana Gets In Your Soul
When you live here for a while, Louisiana just finds a way to creep into your heart. There’s something so special about living in the Bayou State, and I wouldn’t change it for the world! Here are just some of the inevitable ways Louisiana gets into your soul:
1. You’ve described something as "K&B Purple."
Or had someone describe a color like that and you know exactly what they’re talking about.
2. When you meet someone new, you ask what high school they went to.
We just need to know these things!
3. Your Sundays are reserved for soaking beans.
Because Mondays are for cooking them!
4. Spelling things with "-eaux" doesn’t seem weird.
And it might even be your go-to on how to spell certain words.
5. Your phone doesn’t autocorrect "y’all" anymore.
For the longest time, my phone would autocorrect "y’all" to "tall"... until it finally just gave up and accepted its Cajun surroundings.
6. Tabasco, Zatarain’s, and Slap Ya Mama’s are household staples
And you reach for them often!
7. You "make groceries."
And when you make groceries, you need a buggy!
8. You can pronounce Opelousas, Natchitoches, Atchafalaya, and Tchoupitoulas with no problems.
Bonus points if you can spell ‘em!
9. You measure distance by time.
So instead of telling someone to go north for about five miles, you might tell someone to head towards the river for about 10 minutes.
10. "Dressed" means something entirely different to you.
No, we’re not talking about clothes.
What other ways has Louisiana made its way into your heart and soul? Let us know in the comments below!