Louisiana August 10, 2017
13 Legitimate Signs That You Grew Up In Louisiana
Louisiana is a special place to many. If you grew up here, then you’ve certainly picked up some interesting habits along the way that many consider unique to Louisiana. There’s a lot to be proud of if you grew up in ‘da bayou, and here are some signs that you grew up here.
1. You measure distance by time or bodies of water.
If you’re giving directions, you may say something like, "go up the road about 10 minutes." Instead of telling them to go up the road 5 miles. You've probably also given directions using words like "across the bayou" or "down the river".
2. You know the best places to stand on the parade routes during Mardi Gras
And you stake out that spot in advance.
3. You’ve kept in touch with that one friend who lives on the parade route.
Because having a home base (with a bathroom) is totally worth that friendship.
4. You get excited for snow.
It doesn’t happen often, but even if it’s just a slight dusting, you get as excited as a kid on Christmas Day
5. Saturdays are reserved for football.
6. Every soda is a coke
"Want a coke?"
7. Recipes are passed down in your family.
And no one makes a better jambalaya/red beans and rice/gumbo than you do.
8. You know what this picture smells like.
...and now you want some.
9. You’ve known at least one person with the last name Boudreaux or Thibodeaux.
10. You know what these are used for.
11. You can pronounce Bossier, Natchitoches,
Opelousas, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, among many others.
Just rolls right off your tongue.
12. Flip flops are totally acceptable footwear year-round.
13. You know what Mondays are reserved for.
Red beans & Rice Mondays are way better than Taco Tuesdays.
How many did you relate to? Got any to add? Let us know in the comments below!