Louisiana September 18, 2015
14 Things Everyone In Louisiana Knows To Be True
When you live in Louisiana, it’s hard not to learn some really important lessons. Here are 14 things that pretty much everyone in Louisiana can agree with.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1) In general, if you can replace “-oh” with “-eaux”, you should.
Especially when it comes to sports.
2) Playtime is just as important as work.
If you’re not having fun, then you’re not doing it right. If you can do it in a costume—even better!
3) When buying strawberries, you better not make the mistake of purchasing ones grown in California.
Louisiana strawberries are the best.
4) Same goes for tomatoes.
All that sun really is good for something.
5) There’s only one thing the cane harvest means in South Louisiana…
Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
6) When someone calls you cher, they don’t mean "her".
7) It’s not the number of people who know who you are that makes you important---
It’s the way you treat the people who know you best. In Louisiana, hometown heroes are everywhere.
8) When you order a sandwich dressed, you don’t mean with a bowtie.
It means lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise, (and sometimes a pickle).
9) What everyone else calls spicy, we call normal.
That’s why we bring hot sauce everywhere we go.
10) The farther away you are from Louisiana, the closer you feel to anyone else you might meet from Louisiana.
This is what I’m like when I find someone from Louisiana in the airport!
11) Smiles on the faces of your family makes it all worth it.
And you can make family wherever you are.
12) If you see one of these running around, in some places you can get paid to shoot it.
It's their teeth that really get to me.
13) Contrary to what you may have heard, this is a delicious food.
And yes, there’s an art to peeling them.
14) If you don’t go messing with the gator, he’s not going to mess with you.
What else would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments below!