Visit Cajun Palms, The Massive Family Campground In Louisiana That’s The Size Of A Small Town
When you’re planning your summer vacation, it can be a no-brainer to think of destination locations like the beaches of Gulf Shores. But there’s one hidden gem in the Pelican State that’s the perfect place to spend a family vacation, and it’s not too far of a drive, no matter where you live. Pack your bags, because you’ll want to plan a trip to this massive family campground that might just be the best campground in Louisiana. Let’s all pile into your RV and head out to see Cajun Palms RV Resort in Louisiana.
Have you ever been to Cajun Palms Louisiana? The weekends especially are quite the party, so if you love fun in the sun with lots of action the weekends are for you. If you’d rather enjoy calm, quiet camping in Louisiana, a weekday stay is perfect. If you have stayed at the Cajun Palms RV Resort, let us know what part was your favorite with a comment.
More to Explore
More fun things to do in Louisiana
What are some fun things to do in Louisiana with families?
Louisiana is well known for its rum tours, Mardi Gras celebrations, and smokey blues bars, but what are some fun things to do in Louisiana with families? Here are a few family-friendly activities you can enjoy in Louisiana:
- Visit the Audubon Insectarium: If you love creepy crawlies you'll love the bugs and butterflies at this fun exploratory museum on Canal Street in New Orleans.
- Baton Rouge Zoo: Not only does the Baton Rouge Zoo have all of the cool animals you love but you can explore rock gardens, a koi pond, the KidsZoo, the Cypress Bayou Railroad, and the Safari Playground.
- Children's Museum of Lake Charles: Get your science on in this 21,000-square-foot interactive science museum in downtown Lake Charles, Louisiana. With over 45 exhibits there is so much to see and do, all while learning just as much as you are having fun.
Where is the best camping in Louisiana?
Camping in Louisiana is all about enjoying the beautiful outdoors with family, friends, and even your faithful furry pets. Here are a few of the best places to go camping in Louisiana:
- Lake Claiborne State Park, Homer, LA: This campground has easy access to some of the best fishing in Louisiana on the 6,400-acre Lake Claiborne. Of course, there is plenty of hiking, biking, and even disc golf to enjoy as well.
- Jimmie Davis State Park, Chatham, LA: More beautiful lakes, towering pine trees, and hiking trails await at Jimmie Davis. Enjoy a stay at a log cabin tucked away in the middle of the forest surrounded by wildlife.
- Tickfaw State Park, Springfield, LA: For a whole new kind of camping experience, Tickfaw State Park is a blend of cypress and tupelo swampland, a pine and hardwood forest, and scenic views of the Tickfaw River. Listen to the unique sounds of Louisiana swampland from the comfort of your cabin's porch. And be sure to walk the cool boardwalk trail through the forest and swamp.