You Won’t Want To Miss These Incredible Fireworks Shows In Kentucky This Year
With the 4th of July right around the corner, you might be asking, “Where can I find fireworks near me this year?” Well, we have you covered with the most comprehensive list of fireworks throughout Kentucky. No matter where you are in the Bluegrass State, you are near a fabulous fireworks show and we’ve got all the info for you right here. In both 2015 and 2016, we told you all about the fantastic places to see fireworks in Kentucky, and our 2017 list is even better. We’ll start by highlighting the TOP SIX Fireworks shows in our state and then below you will find a complete list, by county, of all Kentucky offers this 4th of July.
These six events are stellar ways to spend the 4th of July in the Bluegrass state, but if you’re still wondering, “Where are there fireworks near me?” then keep on reading and you’re sure to find an event close by.
- July 4th celebration at Barren River Lake State Resort Park – July 4th, Live music begins at 3pm on the beach, with food vendors and music until the huge fireworks show at dark.
- Florence Independence Day Celebration – July 3rd, Event held at U.C. Health Stadium (home of the Florence Freedom), from 4pm – 11pm. Tickets required, fireworks begin at 10pm.
- Summer Motion in Ashland – June 30 – July 4th, Festival at Ashland Central Park with a large fireworks show on the 4th at dark.
- Fireman’s Fourth of July in Augusta – July 4th, Fish fry and activities start at 5pm and fireworks over the Ohio River begin at dark.
- Rumble Over the Rough at Rough River Dam State Resort Park – July 1st, 8pm. (See above for more info)
- Bullitt Blast & Shepherdsville City Fair – Fair runs June 30th – July 1st, Fireworks show at approximately 10:20pm on July 1st.
- Green River Catfish Festival in Morgantown – Festival runs from June 30th – July 4th, Fireworks on the 4th at twilight.
- The Briggs & Stratton Fireworks Extravaganza in Murray – July 4th, 9:30pm, fireworks can be viewed from the area around Kroger, Wal-Mart, and Lowes along US 641 and Kentucky 121.
- Newport Motorcycle Rally – July 1st – July 4th, Fireworks on July 3rd at dark.
- Fort Thomas Celebration – July 4th, Parade at 10:30am, with festivities throughout the day. Fireworks at Tower Park at 10pm.
- Carollton 4th of July Fireworks – July 4th, Free event at Point Park, fireworks at dusk.
- All American July 4th Fireworks Spectacular in Owensboro – July 4th, Celebrate the city’s bicentennial, along with Independence Day at this party that begins at 6:30pm downtown. Live music and food vendors will be on hand and the fireworks show takes place at 9:15pm.
- Freedom Bash at Diamond Lake Resort – July 1st, Water games, pie-eating contest, and parade with a fireworks display at dark.
- Lexington’s Fourth of July Festival – July 4th, Fireworks shot from the Arboretum at 10pm. (See above for more info)
- Prestonburg’s 4th of July Celebration – July 4th, Carnival at Archer Park, fireworks at dusk.
- Rumble Over the Rough at Rough River Dam State Resort Park – July 1st, Fireworks at dusk. (See above for more info)
- Elizabethtown’s Founder’s Day Celebration – July 4th at Freeman Lake Park from 5pm – 10pm, fireworks show at dark.
- Independence Bank 4th of July Celebration – July 4th, 5:30pm – 9:30pm, Fireworks show over the Ohio River at 9pm.
- 4thFest Christmas in July in Madisonville – Events and activities from July 1st – July 4th, July 4th event from 6pm to 10pm at Madisonville City Park, fireworks at 9pm.
- Louisville Waterfront Fourth – July 4th, Event begins at 5pm, fireworks display shot from the river at dark. (See above for more info)
- Louisville Bats July 4th Fireworks Extravaganza (in conjunction with the Waterfront) – July 4th, game is at 6:45pm (tickets required), fireworks at dark.
- Crescent Hill Old-Fashioned 4th of July Festival – July 3rd & 4th, Fireworks on July 4th at 10pm.
- Independence Day Celebration in Independence – July 1st, Parade at 3pm, Festival from 4pm to 11pm and fireworks at 10pm.
- 4th of July Extravaganza in Edgewood – July 4th, Parade at 9:30am, Concert in Freedom Park begins at 7pm with fireworks to follow at dusk.
- 5th Annual Blast Over Kuttawa at Hu-B’s Marina – July 3rd, 9pm.
- Thunder Over Eddy Bay – July 1st, Festivities at Eddy Creek Marina Resort, fireworks at 9pm. (see above for more info)
- 4th of July Spectacular in Berea – July 4th, 6pm – 11pm.
- Marion County Fair – July 3rd – 8th, Fireworks on Friday, July 7th at dusk.
- Fireworks at Bee Spring Lodge in Benton – June 24th, Fireworks at 9:10pm.
- Fireworks from Kentucky Dam Marina – July 1st, 8:30pm
- Fireworks at Kenlake State Park – July 1st, Viewed from old beach area at 9pm.
- Kentucky Lake Big Bang at Moors Resort – July 3rd, 9pm.
- “Ameribration” in Calvert City – July 4th, fireworks at dusk.
- Independence Day Celebration at Paducah Riverfront – July 4th, Activities take place from 4pm to 10pm with a fireworks display over the river at dark. (See above for more info)
- Independence Day Celebration in Livermore – July 4th, Activities begin at 4:30pm on the riverfront with fireworks at 9pm.
- Red, White & Blue in the ‘burg in Harrodsburg – July 4th, Fireworks show at 9pm at Anderson Dean Community Park.
- The Stephen Foster Story Fourth of July Celebration, My Old Kentucky Home State Park – July 4th, Fireworks display after the 8pm show, tickets required.
- Sparks in the Park at Beaver Dam Amphitheater – July 1st, Gates open at 5:30pm, fee is $5 for adults, children under 18 are free. Fireworks show follows the Andy Brasher Band concert.
- Somerblast at Somerset Waterpark – July 1st, Regular admission to the waterpark from 11am – 4pm, $12 admission from 4pm – 11pm, free to view fireworks from the front lawn. Fireworks at 10pm.
- Independence Day Celebration in Burnside – June 30th, Festivities begin at 6pm in Cole Park with the fireworks display at 10pm.
- HWY 27 Drive-In Fireworks Show in Somerset – July 3rd, Box Office opens at 6pm, four movies will be shown on two screens and a fireworks display will take place in between movies.
- Fazoli’s Freedom Fest in Morehead – July 1st, 5K run, parade, live music, cruise-in, fireworks & more.
- State Dock’s Fireworks Show at Lake Cumberland – July 1st, fireworks at approximately 9pm.
- Lakefest in Jamestown – July 1st, Festival takes places June 30th & July 1st in Jamestown Square, fireworks are July 1st at 10pm.
- Scott County, Kiwanis 4th of July Celebration – July 4th, Parade begins at 11am, Fireworks at dark.
- Fourth of July Celebration in Campbellsville – Events from June 30th – July 4th, fireworks on July 4th in Miller Park at dark.
- Lake Barkley State Resort Park Fireworks – July 4th, view from the beach at Lake Barkley
- Thunderfest in Bowling Green – July 1st, 4pm, fireworks at dusk. (See above for more info)
- Wayne County Fair – July 4th, The Fair runs from July 1st to July 8th at the Monticello-Wayne County Memorial Park, fireworks show is on the 4th at dark.
- Fourth of July Celebration Versailles/Woodford County/Midway – July 4th, Events begin at 11am with a parade in downtown Versailles and then activities continue throughout the day. Falling Springs Park event begins at 6pm with the Fireworks display at 10pm.
Did we miss your favorite fireworks show? Please let us know in the comments and we’ll add it to our list! And enjoy a safe and happy 4th of July this year in Kentucky!