The Historic Restaurant In Kentucky Where You Can Experience Southern Cooking
There are lots of historic, old Southern restaurants in Kentucky where diners can enjoy a big, ole dose of history with their meal. But if you’re craving an authentic taste of the So, Hall’s on the River is a beloved waterfront restaurant that’s scenic, historic, and downright delicious. Come and experience Southern cooking at its finest at one of the best old restaurants in Kentucky.
Have you dined at this historic restaurant in Kentucky before? Hall’s On The River is one of the finest Southern restaurants in Kentucky! For the most current updates and specials, follow Hall’s On The River on Facebook. What was your favorite dish? Let us know in the comments. Walk off your meal on a hike in nearby Fort Boonesborough State Park in Kentucky.
More to Explore
Delicious Foods In Kentucky
What are the best bucket list restaurants in Kentucky?
The best bucket list restaurants in Kentucky include:
- Pompilio’s. This restaurant is where the toothpick scene from Rain Man was filmed and the food is outstanding.
- Wallace Station Deli and Bakery. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places and the chef is a James Beard Award nominee.
- Starnes Bar-B-Q. This is the spot to be in the summer for smoked, slow-cooked, melt-in-your-mouth barbecue.
- The Old Talbott Tavern. This is the oldest restaurant in the state and it contains the oldest bourbon bar on the planet.
Find out more about the best bucket list restaurants in Kentucky.
What are the most famous restaurants in Kentucky?
The most famous restaurants in Kentucky include:
- Holly Hill Inn. Hidden in horse country, this restaurant is located in an inn from 1845 and has a James Beard Award-winning chef.
- Hofbrauhaus. Located in Newport, this is the place to go for great German cuisine and the restaurant’s signature beer.
- Asiatique. This upscale Asian restaurant in Louisville has some truly scrumptious options on the menu.
- Moonlite Bar-B-Q. Kentucky is famous for its amazing barbecue, and this restaurant is one of the best in the state.
Discover more about the most famous restaurants in Kentucky.
What are the best little-known restaurants in Kentucky?
The best little-known restaurants in Kentucky include:
- Dovie’s. Locals absolutely love this place for its deep-fried burgers which you can order “unsqueezed” for extra juiciness.
- Bread of Life Cafe. Located in Liberty, this is a family-owned restaurant with delicious home cooking and a scrumptious buffet.
- Red River Rockhouse. While it’s located in a touristy area, the restaurant is certainly top quality and uses locally sourced ingredients.
- Big Dipper. This is one of those amazing burger joints that aren’t known outside of the local area, but locals flock to it in droves.
Learn more about the best little-known restaurants in Kentucky.