15 Ways To Spot Someone From Kentucky No Matter Where They Are
When you’re out and about sometimes it’s easy to recognize those folks who are from Kentucky. With our love for basketball, horses and bourbon, here are a few indicators that someone may in fact be from the state.
1. Basketball isn’t just a sport. It’s a religion.
2. If you don’t like the weather…just wait it’ll change. You’ll see guys in shorts during a snowstorm or people wearing hoodies in the heat of summer. Gotta be prepared for all the Kentucky bipolar weather changes.
3. Just because we don’t have a beach, it doesn’t mean we don’t know how to own the waterways. We get plenty of practice on our pristine lakes.
4. Your wardrobe is either red or blue. One or the other, and certainly not both.
5. We refer to our biggest cities in the state as ‘The ‘Ville’ or ‘LexVegas’, which sound way cooler by the way.
6. We always know where the best local flea markets or garage sales are and spend our weekends scouting them out.
7. With the highest per capita number of deer and turkey in the U.S., we’re used to dodging them on the roadways.
8. Kentucky proud isn’t just a marketing campaign, it’s a lifestyle.
9. We take our horse races seriously.
10. We’re always trying to explain how we’re the “Bluegrass State” but our grass isn’t actually blue.
11. We categorize our season’s into “Basketball Season” and “Not Basketball Season.”
12. We love our whiskey and bourbon.
13. Whether we like to admit it or not, we all have at least one piece of camo in our wardrobe.
14. We’re serious about our fried chicken.
15. Our options for tea are “Sweet Tea” or even “Sweeter Tea.”
What are some of your ways of telling someone is from the state of Kentucky?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.