Kansas September 15, 2015
16 Undeniable Reasons Why Everyone Should Love Kansas
If you live in Kansas, you get it–the incredible plains, state pride and stellar sports teams…What’s not to love about the Sunflower State?! Here are 16 of the undeniable reasons why everyone should love Kansas:
1. We still like Ike!
The feeling was always mutual!
2. The Flint Hills.
3. Kansas farmers feed the world!
Kansas produces enough wheat each year to bake 36 billion loaves of bread (enough to feed more than six billion people for about two weeks).
4. The Flint Hills.
5. Helium was discovered in 1905 at the University of Kansas.
Soooo...I guess you can say we're also responsible for birthday parties, fun and the laughter of children?
6. The Flint Hills.
7. We've "shocked" the world a time or two.
8. Have I mentioned the stunning Flint Hills?
9. You don't have to travel over the rainbow to find the Land of Oz.
It's located right in the heart of Wamego!
10. The Hills of Flint.
11. We gifted the world with this...
...and even this!
This one may come as a surprise, considering there isn't even a White Castle in Kansas!
12. No caption required.
13. Kansans are some of the nicest, most salt-of-the-earth people you'll ever meet.
15. It's impossible to not smile when gazing upon a field of sunflowers.
Like what you see? There's A LOT more where that came from!
16. Finally: Kansas is home to the beautiful and majestic Flint Hills.
I can't believe I didn't mention this sooner!!!
What do you love most about Kansas?