Kansas December 21, 2016
15 Things People From Kansas Always Have To Explain To Out Of Towners
If you live here, you get it; Kansas is a beautiful state that catches a bunch of flak from people who have never even been here. If you are nodding along in agreement, you have probably had to not only defend our beautiful state, but explain these 15 things to out-of-towners at least once:
1. We may not *technically* have our own professional teams...
The KANSAS City Chiefs and Royals play on the wrong side of KC.
2. ...but we have some stellar college teams that we feel very strongly about.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
3. If you're moving here, pick your team NOW.
I mean, red and blue looks good on everyone, but if you decide to choose K-State, I won't hold it against you... too much.
4. Yes; there are A LOT of adult bookstores along I-70.
It's for the truckers and tourists, okay?!
5. We may forgive, but we will never forget.
See: Quantrill's raid.
6. We don't find your Wizard of Oz jokes to be funny.
The Lion's face = my face after hearing the same stale reference for the 242nd time.
7. We're weird...
If it's wrong to construct the world's largest ball of twine, we don't want to be right.
8. ...but in a good way.
...well, most of the time.
9. When violent storms are forecasted, we head outside.
Don't listen to what the "experts" say; hop in your car and GO!
10. It's called the Sunflower State for a reason.
11. Yes, farming is a HUGE industry here in Kansas...
12. ...and we have mad respect for our hardworking farmers.
If you aren't a farmer yourself, you are probably closely related to one!
13. Just one acre of our lush wheat produces enough bread to feed nearly 9,000 people per day.
You're welcome, world.
14. Finally, Kansas is home to by far the most stunning sunrises...
15. ...and sunsets in the world.
Mark my words: once you experience just one, you will be ruined for life.
For even more Kansas inside jokes, click on
Here Are 14 Things You’ll Never Catch Anyone From Kansas Doing.