Kansas November 25, 2015
15 Reasons We Are Thankful For Living In Kansas
There is SO much to give thanks for in our beautiful state–and Thanksgiving Day is the perfect day to reflect on what we are thankful for. In fact, let’s go ahead and start with Kansas and a few of the reasons we’re thankful to be living in the Sunflower State:
1. The cost of living is low (and we don't mind).
Sperling's Best Places
, the overall cost of living in Kansas is significantly lower than the U.S. average.
2. We get to wake up every morning to this...
3. ...and drive home from work to this.
4. Kansans know how to eat.
Thank goodness for Kansas grown beef!
5. We never run into a shortage of things to see...
Mushroom Rock State Park, Brookville.
Paxico Blues Festival, Paxico.
7. ...or taste.
We LOVE a good meal! #noshameinthatgame
8. We get to share our state with a diverse group of both feathered and furry friends.
The various ecosystems in Kansas attract a wide variety of birds, mammals, and fish.
9. Kansas is home to fields and fields of these happy flowers.
10. The King of Bromance is a native son.
11. WE TOOK THE CROWN!
Please don't give me the "yeah, but Kauffman Stadium is in Missouri" spiel--they're OUR team!
12. We get to enjoy the colorful Flint Hills on a daily basis...
13. ...along with views like these.
Keeper of the Plains, Wichita.
Monument Rocks, Gove County.
14. WE BEAT THE BRONCOS!
29 - 13, baby!
15. Most importantly, we truly do have some of the nicest, hardest working, and most down-to-earth neighbors you'll ever know.
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else!
What are you most thankful for?