Kansas December 20, 2015
11 Things That Make People From Small Town Kansas The Best People
I know I may be a tad biased, but… I happen to think that people from small town Kansas are some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Here’s why:
1. We learned from a young age to be good (or the entire town would know).
That, or we learned how to be really sneaky...
2. We know where to find the best sunrises...
4. ...and clear, starry nights.
Hint: They aren't in Wichita.
5. Small-town Kansans KNOW what real, made-from-scratch foods tastes like.
6. We learned from a young age to respect our elders.
Has anyone else noticed that that's hard to come by these days?
7. Natives of small-town Kansas learn to appreciate the little things in life at a young age.
"This weekend, we're going to Salina to shop and to see a movie!" (An actual Annie Sandmeier quote.)
8. We can cook.
Well, some of us can... It comes from our long line of German blood!
9. We understand and appreciate the fact that Kansas agriculture feeds the world.
Chances are your parents, aunt and uncle, friend's family, or grandparents are Kansas farmers who work hard year round to grow their crop.
10. We are more well rounded than most.
In fact, we lettered in sports, academics, band, choir, and theater back in high school!
11. Finally, small-town Kansans are the poster child for loyalty.
Whether it was our best friend or the losing Chiefs, we would never leave their side! **Note: Yes, the Chiefs play on the KC MO side, but the fan base is primarily Kansas.**
What would you add to this list? Tell me in the comments!