This Rural Road Trip Will Lead You To Some Of The Best Countryside Hidden Gems In Kansas
Road trips in Kansas often focus on the eastern side of the state, where our larger cities are. They’re certainly great and worthy of exploration, but we also have plenty of incredible rural gems that deserve a visit. We’ve put together a rural road trip in Kansas that will take you to some of our favorite countryside spots in the less-populated half of our state. So, if you’re ready, let’s gas up the car and venture out on one of the best road trips in Kansas. Check it out:
Check out this fun YouTube video by explorers Hudson and Emily highlighting some cool sights on their road trip in Kansas.
Do you have any other spots in the Sunflower State that you think belong on a rural road trip in Kansas? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Also, before you cruise the highways, check out our article with some great ideas for the best snacks to pack for a road trip.
More to Explore
Road Trip In Kansas
What are some more road trips in Kansas that you recommend?
From chasing waterfalls to exploring abandoned places, these are the best road trips in Kansas that belong on your bucket list:
- The Ultimate Waterfalls Road Trip
- The Haunted Road Trip
- Small Towns Road Trip
- Fall Foliage Road Trip
- This Natural Wonders Road Trip
- Most Abandoned Places Road Trip
- 3-Day Weekend Road Trip
- Rock Formation Road Trip
- Christmas Lights Road Trip
- Landmarks & Natural Wonders Road Trip
Be sure to read our previous article with more information about these road trips in Kansas.
What are some cool day trip ideas in Kansas?
If you’re searching for some cool day trip ideas in Kansas, then we’ve got you covered. Here are some of the best day trip ideas that you will love.
- Get Your Kicks On Route 66
- Wetlands and Wildlife National Scenic Byway, Cheyenne
- Abilene & Smoky Valley Excursion Train, Abilene
- Historic Council Grove
- Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead, Overland Park
- Butcher Falls, Summit
- Sweet Streams Lavender, Bucyrus
- Webster State Park, Stockton
- Timber Ridge Adventure Center, Olathe
Here’s an article featuring more information about these day trip ideas in Kansas.
What are some of the best roadside attractions in Kansas?
Here are some of the best roadside attractions in Kansas that belong on your list:
- Thomas P. "Boston" Corbett Dugout, Concordia
- Museum of Odd, Lawrence
- Freedom Park: Atomic Cannon, Junction City
- The Lessman Farm & Truckhenge, Topeka
- M.T. Liggett's Political Sculptures, Mullinville
- Rock City, Minneapolis
- Wheat Liberty Bell, Goessel
- Dorothy's House & Land of Oz, Liberal
- Big Well Museum, Greensburg
Discover more by reading our previous article about these quirky roadside attractions in Kansas.