Kansas December 14, 2016
16 Reasons Why You Should Never, Ever Move To Kansas
There seems to be a common misconception about how Kansas is a “boring” state that has nothing to offer… but do you know what I say? Let ’em believe it. Why? Because if you tell people how great the Sunflower State really is, then people will be moving here by the troves! The next time somebody talks about how awful Kansas is, just grin, nod, and give them these additional 16 reasons as to why they should never move here:
1. Our professional football...
2. ...and baseball teams don't even want to play here.
I mean, c'mon... the KANSAS City Chiefs and KANSAS City Royals are playing on the Missouri side KC... that says it all!
3. However, we do have a professional soccer team!
...but who really watches soccer? Psh.
4. For such a small state, we sure have a lot of colleges...
It's like we're trying to prove something, but guess what? NOBODY is fooled!
5. ...and a lot of college teams...
It doesn't make up for the lack of professional teams, but nice try.
6. ...and rowdy fans who have waaaaay too much team pride.
Kids these days; you just can't trust them!
7. Too much KC BBQ = gnarly acid reflux.
No caption needed for this one.
8. The cost of living is affordable...
9. ...and jobs are plentiful.
AKA They are trying to bribe you into moving here... don't take the bait!
10. You will never escape the "Wizard of Oz" references.
"Do you have a feeling you aren't in Kansas anymore?"
STOP IT. STOP IT NOW!
11. Through the years, Kansas has been home to a number of leaders...
Know it alls.
13. ...and funny people.
14. The humidity is K.I.L.L.E.R.
(It gets even worse when you're pregnant... trust me.)
15. The locals are a little too friendly.
They must have a hidden agenda because nobody should be this kind and neighborly!
16. Finally, the state's natural beauty is guaranteed to ruin your for life.
Nowhere else will you find a sunset quite this glorious!
For even more Kansas fun, check out these
14 Lessons The Rest Of The Country Could Learn From Kansas!