Kansas November 05, 2015
12 Reasons Why Everyone Should Marry A Kansan
For those of you who don’t know, I was born and raised in Colorado. (Please don’t hate me!) When I transferred to a Kansas university during my junior year of college, I wasn’t sure what to expect. How would the people be? Would I make any friends? Would I meet “the one” at school? A little more than a month after I moved, I met my future husband; a Kansas boy who was visiting friends during his two-week leave from Afghanistan. Folks: Marrying this Kansas guy was the best decision I ever made! Here’s why:
1. First and foremost, Kansans are loyal.
...very loyal, in fact.
Life, just like sports, is full of wins and losses--and a Kansan will always stand by and cheer you on!
2. They are proud of both their state and country!
Studies show that people from Kansas like to help their neighbors and community through volunteer work. In addition, Kansans like to exercise their right to vote with a whopping two million registered voters.
3. A Kansan will treat you to all the finer things in life.
KC BBQ trumps ALL.
After a long day, there's nothing better than enjoying a glorious Kansas sunset with the one you love.
Most days, tailgating is more fun than the actual game!
4. They won't judge you.
On my husband's and my first date, I ordered chili cheese fries and a milkshake from Bogey's...and he STILL married me!
5. A Kansan will make sure that you (nor your family and friends) never go hungry.
Kansas produces enough wheat each year to bake 36 billion loaves of bread, which is enough to feed everyone in the world for two weeks.
6. Kansans are innovative and enjoy thinking outside the box.
Pizza Hut was founded in 1958 by two Wichita State students.
Helium was discovered after an oil drilling operation in 1903 in Dexter.
The helicopter was invented by Goodland natives William Purvis and Charles Wilson in 1909.
7. They will always keep you safe.
...even during storm chases.
8. Speaking of storm chasing, your life will never be short of adventure when you marry a Kansan.
Whether it's attending a game, spending a day at the shooting range, or visiting one of the many quirky Kansas attractions, you will never know boredom!
9. People from Kansas understand the concept of working hard...
10. ...and playing hard.
11. Finally, Kansans are some of the nicest...
12. ...and most fun people you'll ever meet!
I have been married for almost three years now, and every day is better than the last!
What were your reasons for marrying a Kansan?