Kansas November 08, 2018
11 Lessons You’ll Learn In Kansas One Way Or Another
Whether you’re just traveling through the area or you’re looking to move here, Kansas is a great place to be. Living in Kansas definitely has its ups and downs, but there are a few things that might make or break your love for our state. Let’s see how many of these things you can learn to love about Kansas! After all, these things just come packaged with our state and it’s people.
1. You'll start talking like us, saying "you guys" and adding an 's' to places like Aldi or JC Penney.
It's only a matter of time before your new friends start influencing your vocabulary.
2. You'll start getting lost in every antique store for hours at a time. There's just so much to love, from old furniture to hand made decorations.
There are so many antique stores across Kansas, it's really amazing to see just how much we keep from years ago and create for that rustic design we love.
3. You’ll learn the farmer’s wave, and start waving at people as you turn, drive opposite directions, or sit at an intersection.
It's only polite, after all. Just think of it as a smile if you pass people while walking, except it's a smile the other driver can see!
4. Many people you meet will want to say hello, chat about where you’re from, and try to figure out if they know any of your relatives. In a polite way, of course.
You'd be surprised at how many people might know your family name or even a relative.
5. You’ll have to either deal with constant wind tunnel hair or put it up.
The wind blows in your face, and whips your hair around. Again and again, forever.
6. You’ll be forced to choose between attending all your favorite activities during the year.
There’s only so much time to go to a parade, fair, hot air balloon festival, and your favorite nature hike!
7. You’ll have to accept that your bucket list will grow faster than you can mark off the places you’ve been.
That doesn't even count all the places you never cross off because you want to keep coming back to them.
8. You’ll have to accept that instead of having one favorite restaurant, you’ll probably have dozens.
One for each small town you’ve been to, or one for each of your favorite foods!
9. You’ll have to explore our state while falling in love with each and every town along the way.
It’s so hard to just live in one!
10. Your whole evening might stop for a little while as you make time to take in one of our breathtaking sunsets.
Personally,my phone is filled with photos of the sky that I've taken every time I catch one of our beautiful sunsets. Sometimes the sunrises are even better!
11. You might fall in love with the state after only one visit.
Sorry, not sorry! We all love it too, so don't be afraid to join the Heartland.
If you’ve already decided that Kansas is for you, why not check out
this list of places that every new Kansan needs to visit?