Kansas July 12, 2016
14 Lessons The Rest Of The Country Could Learn From Kansas
Kindness. Modesty. A sense of humor… What am I referring to? Noooo, not my ideal match on some dating app (so keep swiping!) I’m naming only a few of Kansas’s wonderful characteristics that the rest of the country could use. In addition to these three, all other 49 states could definitely take a page from our book regarding:
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Ability to share.
Did you know that both the Kansas City Royals and Chiefs actually play on the Missouri side of the city? We're generous like that... (But let's face it; the KANSAS City teams are really ours!)
2. How to be friendly...
Trust me; no matter where you are in this world, you will never find people as neighborly and down-to-earth as you will in Kansas.
3. (...despite the fact that we are *literally* the center of the earth...)
Or at least of the United States!
4. ...and capacity to come together in times of triumph and tragedy.
5. We know that when in doubt, just throw it on the grill and smother it in some BBQ sauce.
6. Feeding the world is hard work, but somebody has to do it!
Did you know that ONE acre of wheat can make enough bread to feed more than 9,000 people for an entire day?!
7. Kansans will always stand by their (wo)men.
Even in the very worst of times (like KU football or K-State basketball.)
8. We know that it's OK to think outside the box...
Pizza Hut was founded in 1958 in Wichita.
9. ...break the mold...
Amelia Earhart, the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean, was born in Atchison.
10. ...and ignore the haters.
Wichita native Hattie McDaniel was the first African American to win an Academy Award (for her role in "Gone with the Wind").
11. It takes A LOT to scare us!
Verrückt, the world's tallest water slide, resides at Schlitterbahn Kansas City.
12. Finally, our state knows the importance of good jobs...
13. ...a quality education...
14. ...and an affordable cost of living.
Take notes, Colorado!
Want to discover even more to love about the Sunflower State? Click on
18 Reasons Kansas Is The BEST State In The Nation.