Kansas February 21, 2017
12 Things No Self-Respecting Kansan Would Ever Do
You’ll find many people who do a lot of these things in the Sunflower State, but just remember, these aren’t things most Kansans would even think of doing! It doesn’t matter how grumpy we are, these things aren’t something we’d do on a whim like some of you crazy folk. No self-respecting Kansan would ever:
1) Tell you how far somewhere is without using hours
"That will be about 30 miles west of here." What do you mean miles? How long is that?
2) Forget about Bleeding Kansas
It's a vital part of our history!
3) Park under pollinating trees in the spring
Especially if it might rain, you'll have rivers of yellow all over your car.
4) Leave someone stranded without seeing if they have help
Unless we've got a car full of kids, we'll probably make sure you're okay.
5) Dislike fried chicken
It doesn't matter if we have Popeyes/KFC/Homemade turf wars, we all love fried chicken. End of story.
6) Say that the Kansas City Royals...
...Or the Kansas City Chiefs aren't our teams.
They're our teams when it counts, which is all the time.
7) Not mention the weather in small talk
Seriously, it seems like each person has something to say about what's happening in our sky, or what's going to happen.
8) Represent Mizzou for any reason
We might not be blatantly rude to you, but just know there's less Kansan in you if you do this.
9) Freak out over a little wind
What do you mean that's a tornado? I don't see nothing.
10) Not enjoy daily photos of sunsets around Kansas
Am I the only one who collects these like baseball cards?
11) Say that Memphis or Texas BBQ is better than KC
That's impossible, but even if you did say it, you'd be lying.
12) Say you're going to the beach when we all know it's the lake
We all go to the lake. We don't have beaches, and that's okay!
Well, there’s the list for ya. Anything else we forgot to add? What do you think Kansans would never get caught doing? Tell us in the comments below!