Kansas November 05, 2015
10 Life Hacks Everyone In Kansas Really Needs To Know
Life can be tough, so why make it harder than it has to be? With these 10 life hacks alone, your life as a Kansan will become MUCH simpler:
1. Winter is coming and with that comes snow and cold, soggy shoes--so keep your feet dry by generously coating the outside of your shoes in beeswax.
This even works for soft cloth shoes, such as Toms, (which I literally LIVE in)!
2. To combat humid summer hair, open your freezer door and stand with your back to it for a few minutes to help set your style.
Most of us don't allow enough time for our hair to cool down after using heat-styling tools, which leaves it more prone to frizz and the dreaded humid "style."
3. Is your dorm room smelling a bit ripe? Just tape a dryer sheet over the air vent (or AC/heating unit) and turn it on.
The only thing that stinks about WSU is your smelly roommate!
4. Dying to visit Worlds of Fun? Plan to go the day after a big drinking holiday to enjoy small lines and up-front parking!
I'll meet you there on Friday, March 18th!
5. Forget Craigslist; check Freecycle!
There are several Kansans on Freecycle who are giving away their things for FREE! The first page alone has listings for Lawrence, Pratt County and Beloit!
6. Cramming for your midterms at KU? Google "site:edu [subject] exam" for a variety of similar college exam questions that may be on your test.
7. Before you paint your home, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the can. This will mask paint fumes and make your home smell like vanilla!
We know how muggy Kansas can be, so this practice will help decrease the open window, airing out time!
8. Instead of using ice cubes, chill your wine with frozen grapes so you're not watering it down.
Smoky Hill wines are best served chilled.
9. Fill your water bottle a quarter of the way, turn it sideways and put it in your freezer to freeze. Once it's frozen, fill the bottle up with water for "ice-cold water on the go."
Nothing makes a humid Kansas summer more bearable than lots and lots of H2O!
10. The next time you fly out of Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport (or wherever), bring a power strip to charge your phone and other electronics.
Charging stations at airports are a hot spot, making it difficult to find an open outlet--not anymore!
What are a few of your favorite life hacks?