Kansas July 01, 2018
11 Unique Experiences That Unite All Kansans
There’s something to be said for those of us who experience Kansas in the purest of ways. We explore, we enjoy, and we always search for more. Many of us remember the first time we felt the strength of Kansas wind, or the first time we heard a western meadowlark. However, these experiences are all about Kansans and how magical it is to experience it for the first time.
1.The first time you looked at a Kansas sunset and couldn't think of anything at all.
Your mouth may or may not hang open, but you'll remember that sunset forever. Hopefully you also grab a photo!
2. The first time you heard the wind rush over wheat and you watched the waves roll by.
It's an inexplicable sound unless you've heard it for yourself.
3. The first time you see a tornado with your own eyes.
Whether you looked for it or it surprised you, you'll see one eventually.
4. Seeing half the sky in sunshine, and half covered in a storm.
It's a magical feeling to see the sky change gradually depending on where you are in reference to the storm. Sometimes it splits the sky completely in half!
5. Your first sunshower surprise.
You were sitting outside on a day full of sunshine, when all of a sudden, you're showered by just a little rain that seemingly comes from nowhere.
6. The sweet summer yellow of seeing your first field of sunflowers.
Grinter Farms is our most popular sunflower field, but there are many others to visit every fall.
7. Your first bierock, too.
These hand-held Volga-German creations are one of the state's favorite foods. Have you had one before?
8. Your confusion at hearing "rock chalk" or "emaw" shouted out loud.
For those who aren't aware, these might seem like random (and odd) phrases to shout.
9. And later, the moment you understand.
With any luck, you'll shout along!
10. Embracing the freeing feeling of open skies wherever you look.
For born Kansans, it's sometimes hard to move to areas that are more densely filled with trees and hills or mountains. However, it's always freeing to suddenly have an open plain before you.
11. And the moment you realize you're home.
That warm feeling you get when you're where you want to be is something we all have at some point. We just love Kansas!
There’s nothing more Kansas than enjoying all that our great outdoors has to offer. Check out
this road trip that goes through most of it!