Kansas January 12, 2018
11 Simply Amazing Restaurants In Kansas That Just Don’t Get Enough Credit
There are loads of great restaurants around Kansas that have never been given the attention they deserve. Of course, we don’t have a convenient list of every restaurant in Kansas, but we’re constantly on the look out for great food everywhere we go. Here’s a short list of 11 great restaurants in Kansas that we feel don’t get enough credit. Why not check them out sometime?
1. Backstreet Bakery - 208 S Main St., Lucas, Kansas
Anyone that knows me knows that a well made bierock is the way to my heart. Of course, these are going straight to my stomach, but Backstreet Bakery doesn't make anything you wouldn't devour.
2. Biederman's Bistro & Catering - 801 Main St., Winfield, Kansas
Take a look at that jambalaya! There's nothing better to warm you up than a bowl of this, but Biederman's Bistro has a lot of other dishes you won't find in most of Kansas.
3. Brand'n Iron Bar & Grill - 1457 Highway 59, Princeton, Kansas
If these bacon cheese fries don't already make you salivate, they will once you taste them. This little spot in Princeton isn't given the love it deserves, but they sure are giving out love in the form of food.
4. Buck's BBQ and Steakhouse - 1898 US-166 BUS, Sedan, Kansas
Buck's is a little shack serving up some amazing barbecue and even better bar food. It's a great place to hang out and feel right at home in their neck of the woods.
5. Bunker Hill Cafe - 6th & Elm St., Bunker Hill, Kansas
Bunker Hill is a great spot for home style steakhouse meals that you'll always crave when you're in town. They're open 5pm - 9pm Thursday through Saturday, so make sure you're here at the right time!
6. Do-B's Burger Barn, Philly Stop & Po-Boy Shoppe - 704 E 12th Ave., Emporia, Kansas
Do-B's is my favorite place for a po'boy in the whole state, hands down. Of course, it's not hard to get distracted by the other sandwiches hanging around, like this one that could feed an army.
7. Guy & Mae's Tavern - 119 W William St., Williamsburg, Kansas
We know G&M isn't exactly unheard of, but they deserve a little extra love anyways. When Kansas City is the center of barbecue, we need to remember to check out small businesses like this one too!
8. Idle A While - 210 S Vine St., Cherokee, Kansas
Idle A While is another great place for meat, with amazing barbecue as well as burgers special made with sirloin.
9. R-B Drive In - 201 E Avenue A, Hutchinson, Kansas
R-B is an amazing place for burgers you'll crave even right after you've finished one. They're addicting, and it's always burger o' clock at R-B.
10. Meridy's Restaurant & Lounge - 1220 S Fossil St., Russell, Kansas
Meridy's really knows how to cook a steak, just look at this "small" 30 oz hunk of meat! They're also a stellar place for breakfast, if you're more of a "biscuits and gravy" type.
11. Granny Wolfe's Green Door - 122 W Main St., Sedan, Kansas
Any food made by someone named Granny is bound to be spectacular. Without a doubt, my favorite meals here include one of these giant cinnamon rolls.
While you’re out and about, why not try out some of these
amazing historical homes?