Kansas October 15, 2017
13 Ways Kansas Has Quietly Become The Coolest State In America
For those of us who have lived in Kansas for any amount of time, you already know we’re the coolest place around. However, it’s taken a bit of time for the rest of the world to think of Kansas as anything but a flat beige horizon, thanks to
The Wizard of Oz. Even today, we still have to fight to be seen as something more than a flat, dusty prairie. So, let’s declare to the world why we’re the coolest state in America!
1. We have heavenly hiking trails...
They are beautiful year-round, especially during our stunning sunsets.
2. ...and our small towns are more than charming.
There's a special kind of hospitality you get when you visit our small towns.
3. There's always something to keep you occupied, no matter where you are.
Whether it's one of our wonderful festivals, the state fair, or a great park to visit, there's always something! That's why we have a bucket list.
4. We're overflowing with waterfalls...
They're all over the state, and there's nothing better than finding one on one of our gorgeous hiking trails.
5. ...and positively full of prairie.
It's always wonderful to see the mists flowing over the flint hills.
6. We honor our history...
There's more than a few museums in Kansas, and each of them honors a part of our history. Yes, even the barbed wire museum!
7. ...but have a love for the paranormal as well.
If you've ever been to Atchison and taken their trolley tour, you know what I mean.
8. We're swimming with stunning scenery...
Every Kansas sunset is a different mix of color and intensity.
9. ...with a wide variety of wildlife.
Migrating sea birds and other awesome wildlife is spread all over our state.
10. We're the origins of White Castle, Pizza Hut, and ICEE.
I mean, what could be more important than those, right?
11. We're friendly to a fault...
Sometimes we're a little too friendly when we visit other states. Or maybe they're not friendly enough!
12. ...and very fond of comfort food.
Fried chicken and chicken fried steak are a couple of our state's staples.
13. We're full of Kansans! Our people are what make us the best state ever.
Wonderful people make up the majority of our state, and if you add in the view and our attractions, there's no contest. We're just simply the coolest!
Tell us in the comments below what else you think makes Kansas the best state in America. Afterwards, feel free to check out
these funny stereotypes that ring true for many of us Kansas.