Kansas October 02, 2017
11 Unwritten Rules Every Kansan Lives By ‘Til Death
Here in Kansas, there’s a lot of things you should and shouldn’t do. Everything from our ever-changing weather to the grocery store, there are unwritten rules we Kansans like to follow whenever possible. See how many you personally follow, and what else you’d add to the list!
1. Never expect the weather to be there for you.
If it can change, it will.
2. Cherish the small town life.
You don't know how nice it is to know your neighbors until you don't anymore.
3. Sunscreen. Bug Spray. Air Conditioner.
No, seriously. You need all of these.
4. Be nice to your neighbors — they could save your life someday.
Who else is going to help you if someone breaks in or if you fall down the stairs?
5. Actually, be polite to everyone you meet, unless given a reason not to.
It's just the best way to help keep a smile on everyone's faces.
6. Except for Mizzou fans. We've got plenty of reasons not to like them!
Mostly, the still-going feud between them and the Jayhawks.
7. If it can be decorated, it needs a sunflower.
I mean, why not? It's our state flower, and we should be proud!
8. Don't let a little snow or rain stop you from getting somewhere, like Wichita does.
Some people just get confused about how roads work.
9. Only WE can make Wizard of Oz jokes.
If you do it, you'll probably get an eye roll at the very least.
10. Never underestimate a deer's lack of coordination (or intelligence).
They're going to miss their jump, or have terrible timing. Usually it lands them in front of your car.
11. Boots are accepted footwear for any occasion.
Weddings, funerals, work, and the grocery store. Boots for every occasion!
After you’ve got all these rules down pat, check out
this amazing hike that ends in the best sunset ever.