Kansas November 30, 2018
10 Small Town Restaurants That Serve Meals Made From The Heart
Amazing meals come from plenty of small-town restaurants around Kansas, but you might have a hard time knowing where they all are or finding one that you love. However, we’ve got plenty of them listed here at Only In Kansas, with these 10 restaurants to start off with. Get that bucket list ready!
1. Silverado's — 112 2nd St., Piqua, Kansas
Silverado's is an often forgotten restaurant that makes some of the best Kansas classics, like hot beef sandwiches. I like mine with a lot of gravy, do you?
2. Red Barn — 624 S Main St., Caldwell, Kansas
The Red Barn here in Caldwell is a great place to pick if you love barbecue. If they still have meat left, that is. Their food goes fast!
3. Pullman Place — 230 Cherokee St., Leavenworth, Kansas
Pullman Place is a cornerstone of comfort food in Leavenworth, serving amazing breakfasts and lunches to rival any other. Just look at that plate!
4. Dutch Kitchen Restaurant — 6803 W State Road 61 Hutchinson, Kansas
This amazing restaurant in Hutch is famous for serving an incredible number of pie flavors, and you can rest assured that each and every one of them is delicious.
5. The Swedish Crown — 121 N Main St., Lindsborg, Kansas
This Swedish-inspired restaurant in Lindsborg is the perfect place for some great home cooked meals that aren't your usual fare.
6. Roy's Hickory Pit BBQ — 1018 Nickerson Blvd. (Aka 5th St.) Hutchinson, Kansas
Roy's does barbecue right, and just one look at these ribs is all you need. They taste even better than they look — if you can believe it.
7. Big C's — 969 Hwy. 56, Elkhart, Kansas
Big C's is a favorite of mine whenever I'm near Elkhart, It's a tiny town that's easy to miss, but once you've stopped once for food, you'll find yourself coming back for more.
8. Prairie Nut Hut — 1306 Quincy St., Altoona, Kansas
The Prairie Nut Hut is well known around the state, but they serve more than mountain oysters here. Their giant pork tenderloin sandwiches are more than enough to fill any traveling stomach.
9. Chicken Annie's — 1143 E 600th Ave., Pittsburg, Kansas
Chicken Annie's is a stellar place to crunch on some crispy food, with plenty of choices for sides and service you can't beat.
10. Martinelli's Little Italy — 158 S Santa Fe Ave., Salina, Kansas
For those of us who love Italian food, Martinelli's is one of the best around. These cheese-filled meatballs have become a favorite to many visitors, including myself. Will you be the next?
If you love country style foods made with lots of love, you might want to try
one of the oldest restaurants in Kansas.