Kansas February 04, 2017
13 Things Every Kansan Wants The Rest Of The Country To Know
If there’s anything Kansans hear all the time about our state, it’s that we’re “mediocre” or “boring” and that there’s “nothing good about Kansas.” Aren’t you tired of hearing all that negativity about such a great place? Tell them about some of these things! Kansas wants you to let everyone know what we’ve got.
1. We aren't weak for not having a state team, we're stronger for sharing with someone else!
No one will ever convince us that the Chiefs aren't our team. Who wants to try?
2. Our beaches are just as fun as yours, and we don't have to worry about sharks, either!
Plus, if you get lost boating, just go straight and you'll find land!
3. We're rich in culture, with strong Native American, German, and Swedish ties.
There's almost nowhere in the state that doesn't have cultural ties to these places!
4. We're BIG on art! Can you tell?
It's hard not to know an artist or ten when you live in Kansas!
5. We're fearless, and some of the hardiest people in America. Who else would chase some of the deadliest storms?
I remember growing up my father used to chase tornadoes. I've got some tapes, somewhere!
6. We're never lazy when it comes to good fishing or hunting. Catch us awake earlier than you, for sure!
Who knows that guy who's always ready to go fish?
7. We're rich in history more than money, though there's a lot of wealthy farmers.
Historic towns and land preservation is prevalent here, promise.
8. We're more than just grassy plains and cow pastures.
There's loads of natural wonders here, promise!
9. We're innovative to a fault. What else would we do with all this wind?
Kansas technology is all about efficiency and usefulness!
10. We're in love with our own creations...
KC Barbecue forever!
11. ...but we also love the traditional classics!
Anyone else crazy about bierocks like I am?
12. We've got the best sunsets ever! Nothing looks better than a lit up Kansas sky, promise.
Seriously, sunset photos are like crack for some of us. I used to take a different photo every day!
13. Us Kansans are so much more than where we're from, it's where we're going!
Going somewhere fast if that dust devil turns your way!
What else do you want to shout to all the naysayers out there?