Kansas March 02, 2018
11 Things That Undoubtedly Happen When You Return Home To Kansas
There’s some things you just can’t replicate in other states, no matter how hard you look. Sometimes it’s just a certain smell or sound you associate with Kansas, but once you come home, all of those things come rushing back at you. Once you finally come home from whatever trip you may have taken, Kansas is here to give you a hug, and make you remember why you love coming home. These are some things Kansas do every time they come home after a trip away. How many have happened to you?
1.You put your hair up, because there's no way you'll let the wind and humidity get to it first.
The winds start before you get here, but we all know they're almost constant once you're here.
2. You'll get hungry once you smell your first restaurant.
Kansas home cooking smells are fragrant and delicious, but only half as good as what the food tastes like. You'll just have to stop and get some!
3. You actually might need that jacket now.
Kansas often gets pretty cold at night, unless of course it's summer. Then the heat is almost never ending and seems to never let up.
4. Seeing the stars at night isn't hard anymore.
Often we travel to bigger cities and places where you don't get such wide open views of the stars as you do here.
5. You'll be able to see much farther.
Just like with the stars, you'll have spacious skies that go on forever.
6. You indulge in your favorite Kansas meals again.
Whether that's chicken and noodles, chili and cinnamon rolls, or just a fresh bierock right out of the oven.
7. But you can't eat outside anymore, or else the wind will take everything away.
We all know how hard it is to cover picnic tables with colorful plastic and take pictures surrounded by balloons that are blown sideways by the wind.
8. You feel surrounded by family, even if you're not related to anyone.
There's so much to love about the people of Kansas, but their friendly attitude is by far one of my favorites.
9. You relax knowing you get to see sunsets like this every evening again.
Even if the weather is stormy, sometimes you're treated to beautiful skies like this through the storm's clouds.
10. And you get excited for those sweet Kansas storms that you don't find anywhere else.
Speaking of storms, you get to see and feel the power of our storms, just how we like it.
11. You remember why you always come home, no matter why you leave.
Whether you're in love with the food, the people, the weather, or the scenery, you'll find that you always return to Kansas at some point.
If you ever want to get some quality alone time with your state nature,
don’t forget about these great places where you can be free of other human interaction for a while.