Kansas January 21, 2016
16 Things You Can Only Brag About If You’re From Kansas
If you live in Kansas, I would like to personally congratulate you for living in one of the most brag-worthy states in the country! Sadly, not everyone knows about and/or acknowledges the perfection of the Sunflower State—so if you ever come across one of these ignorant folk, be sure to tell them that:
1. The state of Kansas has a rich history.
From Coronado Heights to Bleeding Kansas to the Santa Fe Trail, the Sunflower State is home to several vital moments in American history.
2. Our sunrises...
4. ...and storms are the most beautiful in the country (if not the world).
5. We get to enjoy the best BBQ...
6. ...family-style meals...
My heart aches for anyone who has never had a meal at the Brookville Hotel.
7. ...and German cuisine!
Danke, German ancestors, for passing down your fabulous bierock, grebel, and kuchen recipes!
8. Our fields aren't only full of golden wheat...
Did you know that Kansas produces enough wheat each year to bake 36 billion loaves of bread (enough to feed more than 6 billion people for about two weeks)?
9. ...but corn, livestock, and soybeans as well.
You're welcome for the food, world.
10. Who won the World Series?
If I had a nickel for every time somebody commented about the Royals playing in KC MO, I would have enough money to buy the team... So, yes--I am aware that the Royals play in Missouri, but I'm here to remind you that the fan base is primarily Kansas. (See: St. Louis Cardinals.)
11. Our college teams aren't too shabby, either!
12. The Geographic Center of the United States (contiguous 48) is located about two miles northwest of Lebanon.
Therefore, yes; we are the center of the world! (Or at least the U.S.A.)
13. Kansans get to call God's country "home."
There's a reason the Garden of Eden resides in Lucas...
14. Finally, we get to see views like this...
16.) ...and this every single day.
Now THAT is something to brag about!
What do you like to brag about? Let us know in the comments!