Go Glamping At These 3 Campgrounds In Iowa With Yurts For An Unforgettable Adventure
The wide-open Iowa prairie is a great place to go camping under the stars. But the great outdoors isn’t for everyone, and if you want those same stunning views without sleeping on the ground or fending off bugs, these three parks may offer the ultimate glamping experience. The yurt may have originated in Central Asia, but now they’re available at these three campgrounds in Iowa! Ever thought about checking out the best yurts in Iowa? We strongly recommend it.
Have you ever stayed in a yurt? What do you think about yurts in Iowa? How do they compare against other camping and glamping experiences? Let us know all about your past and upcoming camping plans in the comments section. You can find out more about renting these amazing Yurts here for Windy Goat Acres, Pammel Park, and McIntosh Woods!
More to Explore
Yurts In Iowa
- Where can I camp in yurts in Iowa?
Believe it or not, Iowa is an excellent state for yurt camping. There are numerous locations where you are able to camp in yurts in Iowa, including ones like:
- McIntosh Woods State Park – These yurts, like all the ones we’re about to mention, are more than just affordable: they’re also much cozier than you might expect. Neat!
- Pammel State Park – Honestly, several of Iowa’s state parks have yurt camping options, and we’re here for it.
- Kennedy Park – The yurts here tend to get rave reviews.
Learn more about the yurt village at Kennedy Park!
- What are some ideal destinations for glamping in Iowa?
Of course, glamping in Iowa doesn’t always have to involve a yurt. There are numerous options for unique places to stay and plenty of places for glamping in IA, such as:
- Private properties – One of the best glamping options out there is the “private” option, where you reserve a campsite, tent, tiny home, or any other glamping setup on non-public land, usually by means of Airbnb and VRBO. You will find some of the all-time best places for glamping in Iowa on these sites.
- The Dyrt – This helpful website gets its hands dirty and does all the heavy lifting (and digging) for you. Find idyllic glamping locations on this easy-to-use little site designed for exactly this.
Check out more details about Iowa’s newest glampground.
- Where should I go for the best camping in Iowa?
Naturally, all this glamping and yurt stuff doesn’t mean regular, traditional camping is off the table, either. Some of the best places to go camping in Iowa are places that include:
- Iowa’s State Parks – Amazing places like Pikes Peak State Park, Backbone State Park, Bellevue State Park, and Stone State Park have some of the best camping in the Midwest.
- Private/Public Campgrounds – Awesome options like Pulpit Rock Campground (private) and the Brushy Creek State Recreation Area (public) ensure that your needs are met no matter what.
Learn more about affordable campgrounds in Iowa and start planning your camping adventure!