15 Undeniable Reasons The World Wouldn't Be The Same Without Iowa
As probably the most underrated state (that gets a ton of crap from other states), it can get tiresome defending Iowa to those who say that our state is just one big cornfield. Well, we have news for them. A world without Iowa would not only be bad for us, but it would suck for everyone… Here’s why:
1. Who would grow all your corn?! Iowa produces more corn than any state, even more than some countries.
2. And all your soybeans, which do some pretty great things like: feeding your bacon and hamburger, or making crayons and paints.
3. Without Iowa, your energy bill would probably be higher, as Iowa produces the most wind energy of any state, and they even sell some of the energy to other states.
4. Here's a big one: Without Iowa, there would most likely be a crisis-level shortage on bacon, as Iowa produces more pork than any other state in the country.
5. No Iowa means no Ashton Kutcher, and I don't think anyone wants to live in that world...
6. That also means no Blue Bunny, and that's something I don't even want to think about...
7. Iowa also gave the world trampolines.
8. And vending machines.
9. And that magical kid-favorite, peanut butter.
10. And here's another scary one: without Iowa you would have to cut your own bread?! Sounds like a nightmare, right?
11. But that's not all... No Eskimo Pies either. What would the children eat?!
12. And you can't forget about Pinterest. I don't even want to think about life without it...
13. Of course, probably the biggest thing you would notice missing is the computer! If there was no Iowa, there would be no computers, and we would basically have reverted to being cavemen by now.
14. If there was no Iowa, photographers would never get to experience the true beauty of America's Heartland.
15. But most obviously, if there was no Iowa, the world would be a dull place, missing some of the best people ever.
You’re welcome, America. Think about that next time you want to make fun of little old Iowa!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.