These 7 Water Parks In Iowa Are Pure Bliss For Anyone Who Goes There
Iowa summers mean tons of sunshine, 90-degree weather, and lots of humidity – sounds like the perfect kind of day to hit up some Iowa water parks! So, whether you enjoy floating down the lazy river, or racing down a water slide, these 7 awesome water parks in Iowa have something for everyone! Let’s take a look at the best water parks in Iowa.
Now we just need a sunny day to go visit these awesome water parks! What are some more of your favorite places to swim in Iowa? Have you been to any of the best water parks in Iowa? Let us know in the comments! For more places to swim, check out these wonderful swimming holes in Iowa.
More to Explore
Awesome Attractions in Iowa
What are the most beautiful natural wonders in Iowa?
The most beautiful natural wonders in Iowa include:
- Maquoketa Caves. These limestone caves are the result of natural erosion over thousands of years and are quite a sight.
- Ledges State Park. The sandstone cliffs here were formed by the ocean that covered this area 300 million years ago.
- Pikes Peak State Park. This stunning park has gorgeous views overlooking the Mississippi River from 500 feet up.
- Upper Iowa River. The bluffs alongside this river exist due to this area being avoided by glaciers in the last ice age.
Find out more about the most beautiful natural wonders in Iowa.
What are the most unusual attractions in Iowa?
The most unusual attractions in Iowa include:
- Future birthplace of Captain Kirk. Riverside, Iowa has a monument to this beloved fictional Star Trek character.
- Ice Cave in Decorah. This cave stays frozen constantly due to an underground glacier and doesn’t even warm up in the summer.
- The Volkswagen Spider. Located in Avoca, this roadside attraction is a huge metal spider whose body is made from a VW Beetle.
- World’s Largest Truck Stop. This truck stop in Walcott has a dentist, movie theater, barber, laundromat, and much more.
Learn more about the most unusual attractions in Iowa.
What are the most underrated attractions in Iowa?
The most underrated attractions in Iowa include:
- Waubonsie State Park. This is a place out of a Thomas Kinkaid painting when you stop here to view the gorgeous sunsets.
- Pappajohn Scuplture Park. The various whimsical and creative art installations here are a joy to behold and photograph.
- Fenelon Place Elevator. This funicular ride is the steepest and shortest scenic railway on the planet and has amazing views.
- Effigy Mounds National Monument. There are over 200 Native American burial mounds here with trails that allow you views from all angles.
Discover more about the most underrated attractions in Iowa.