Iowa Food & Dining, Unique Dining October 03, 2017
These 10 Themed Restaurants in Iowa That Take Eating Out to A Whole New Level
Ready for a fun dining experience? These restaurants take it to the next level.
1. Lebowski's Bar & Grill, 925 Robins Square Dr., Robins
This movie-themed restaurant goes all out for the cult classic, "The Big Lebowski." It's a pure joy to those of us who love the movie. Don't be afraid to drag your friends there, even if they have no idea who "the Dude" is; the food is wonderful.
2. Quarter Barrel Arcade & Brewery, 616 2nd Ave. SE, Cedar Rapids
Yes, this place serves pizza and beer. But it's really great pizza and awesome craft beer. The collection of arcade games here is impressive. Bring quarters.
3. Zombie Burger + Drink Lab, 300 E Grand Ave., Des Moines
This famous Iowa restaurant has several locations, now. The decor is campy and fun. The burgers are simply wonderful, and the menu is perhaps one of the world's most creative. Check out their shakes.
4. Chicago Speakeasy, 1520 Euclid Ave., Des Moines
This throw-back to prohibition-era restaurant is a fun and swanky place to spend the evening with friends. The menu is classic. You'll love it.
5. Dotzy's Restaurant and Saloon, 240 Center St., Elgin
Welcome to the wild wild west, where the decor is appropriately rustic and the food is awesome. Enjoy!
6. Ladora Bank, 811 Pacific St., Ladora
This is a small-plate restaurant serving incredible food meant to share. They source locally when possible. Everything here is good. The building is an old bank, and the vaults are still in place.
7. The Twisted Tail Steakhouse & Saloon, 2849 335th St., BeeBeeTown
If you crave a great Iowa steak in a restaurant with a fun old-west vibe, this place is worth a road trip.
8. The Lube, 3320 Mid America Dr., Council Bluffs
An ode to the automobile, this fun restaurant serves legendary bloody marys and burgers that will make you smile.
9. Suzie-Q Cafe, 14 2nd St. NW, Mason City
This tiny but mighty restaurant is a must-do if you are in the area. On a nice day, you'll want to sit outside.
10. Mucky Duck Brew Pub, 3100 S Duff Ave., Ames
For authentic British food, this Ames restaurant is a great option. It may actually be your only option. Even so, they set the bar high. The decor, the food, and the drinks are tops.
Have you been to any of these themed restaurants in Iowa? Tell us about it in the comments. We are always looking for new places to feature. Is there a themed restaurant you’d like to recommend?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.