The Frozen Waterfall At Union Grove State Park In Iowa Is A Must-See This Winter
Union Grove State Park is a popular place to visit in any season. There’s a swimming beach, a campground, cabins for rent, and a small lake filled with fish. In the winter, there’s one more beautiful reason to visit this tranquil park – a frozen waterfall that offers the perfect excuse for a winter hike on the park’s scenic trails. Come along as we show you why we think this is perhaps the best frozen waterfall in Iowa!
Allow about 45 minutes to hike to the waterfall and take in the view. And be sure to wear a good pair of winter boots, as there may be snow and ice on the trail. For more information, check out the Iowa Department of Natural Resources website.
Do you know of any other mystical frozen waterfalls in Iowa? How do you like to spend winter in Iowa? We’d love to read about your experiences in the comments section below!
To explore other winter hikes in and around the area, you can find some great trails by going to the AllTrails website.
If you’re still in the mood for more Iowa adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Iowa Adventures
Where can we go fishing in Iowa?
- East and West Lake Okoboji in Dickinson County together span 11,366 acres and are teeming with more than 40 species of fish.
- Lake Ahquabi near Indianola is the place to cast your line for largemouth bass, bluegill, redear sunfish, black and white crappies, and more.
- Clear Lake in Cerro Gordo County is where you can catch an abundant variety of fish, including walleye, yellow bass, channel catfish, largemouth bass, and other varieties.
Read on to learn more about the other exciting places to go fishing in Iowa.
Where can find bed and breakfast inns in Iowa?
- The Hotel Manning in Keosauqua was built in the Steamboat Gothic style and has been a favorite for travelers since 1899.
- The Redstone Inn in Dubuque is a stunning Victorian structure located in the heart of the city’s famed historic district.
- The Mason House Inn in Bentonsport was built by Mormon settlers as a lodging accommodation for steamboat travelers over 170 years ago.
Read on to learn about the many other cozy bed and breakfast inns in Iowa.
Where can we find historic sites in Iowa?
- The Julien Dubuque Monument in Dubuque is the site of the remains of the first European settler in Iowa.
- The Old Capitol Building in Iowa City was the first permanent building owned by the University of Iowa.
- The Grotto of the Redemption in West Bend is the largest man-made grotto in the world.
Read on to learn about the many interesting historic sites in Iowa.