Atlantic, The One Christmas Town In Iowa That's Simply A Must Visit This Season
Winter weather is starting to make its way into the Hawkeye State, and everyone seems to be getting into the Holiday spirit. If you’re looking for the best Christmas town in Iowa, visit Cass County. Here, you’ll find a charming downtown that will make you feel like you’ve stepped into a Hallmark Movie!
Check out the Atlantic Chamber of Commerce website for more information on the Grand Lighting kickoff party, carriage rides, and more. There’s always so much going on during Christmas in Atlantic that you’re sure to find something that delights everyone in your family. Not sure what to bring along for a winter wonderland in Iowa? Check out our awesome winter essentials packing list and see what you might be forgetting!
What are your favorite Christmas towns in Iowa? Let us know!
More to Explore
Christmas Town in Iowa
What is the cutest Christmas town in Iowa?
Iowa is full of little towns that could easily be called the cutest Christmas towns! Of course, this is subjective, but we think a few towns definitely stick out above the rest. Some of the best Christmas towns in Iowa are:
- Winterset – They love winter so much they named the town after it. An awesome Christmas parade is just the beginning of the festivities every year!
- Boone – Take a train ride to the North Pole from this beautiful little Iowa town.
- Atlantic – This town is actually known as THE Christmas capital of Iowa. These folks go all-out to celebrate the season in the best of ways; you need to see it to believe it.
Learn more about the best Christmas towns in Iowa.
What are some of the other best Iowa Christmas towns?
Of course, the list of great winter towns in Iowa doesn’t begin and end with just the ones listed above! There are many more excellent towns to celebrate Christmas in Iowa, such as:
- Le Mars – Known as one of the cutest small towns in Iowa, Le Mars gets all decked out every winter season for the holidays.
- Storm Lake – This town is popular during the summer, but what most people don’t realize is that it’s the Santa Claus capital of Iowa in the winter.
- The Amana Colonies – This beautiful little German village is an amazing place in the winter. Everything’s just a little more beautiful covered in snow.
- Wyoming – The lights up in Wyoming, Iowa are a wonder and a half and are well worth driving to experience.
Learn more about even more cute winter towns in Iowa.
What is winter in Iowa like?
Winter in Iowa is typically pretty cold, with temperatures ranging from 20 to 30 degrees during the day and often dipping below zero at night. But this doesn’t mean Iowa doesn’t know how to make a great time of it – in fact, they specialize in it. Some of the best things to do in Iowa during the winter are:
- Snow tubing in Boone – Boone is famous for its awesome winter resorts, which include epic snow tubing runs.
- Go on a winter hike – There are plenty of parks and recreation areas that remain open during the winter months. Few things are as tranquil as the quiet winter hike.
- Attend events and festivals – No matter where you are, your town is sure to be doing at least SOMETHING for the season. Check it out and see!
Learn more about fun things to do in Iowa during the winter.